INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiovox 5600 help  (Read 2111 times)

viggster

• Recent member
Audiovox 5600 help
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:33:22 pm »

Hi - I just tried to drag-n-drop files from MC11.1.114 (registered) to my new Audiovox 5600 Smartphone. The phone runs Win Mobile 2003 second edition.

MC immediately recognized 3 new "drives and devices", corresponding to the 3 types of memory (labeled "Smartphone", "Storage", and "Storage Card".

I configured the handheld mode for "Manual".

When I drag any file (regardless of type, extension, non-DRMed, etc.) I get this msg:

"None of the tracks can be transferred. Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types."

Any ideas? I can drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer to the Smartphone with no problem. This is all via USB.

Thanks.

BV

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audiovox 5600 help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:10:11 pm »

Can you try updating first?  11.1.149 is available on the MC board here.

viggster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:17:59 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply. The program tells me no update is available.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:58:14 pm »

First, get a more recent version of MC 11.1.

Then, check Options > Handheld > Files & Paths > File Types

You may need to edit this list by hand if MC doesn't know about your device.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

viggster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:38:21 pm »

How do I get a more recent version MC11?

viggster

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:08:18 am »

Ok, so I have the most recent version (11.155).

I checked the file types as suggest by Matt and they are set properly (mp3, wma, jpg).

I've tried both manual and sync modes, both to no avail. I've tried both mp3 and wma when it "encodes as necessary" - nothing works.

In manual mode, I drag-n-drop a file to the device and it converts and transfers the file to the proper directory on the device. However, none of my players on that device recognize it as an mp3 file. When I copy it back to the desktop, none of my players can play it. It's a useless junk file, apparently.

In sync mode, I add a playlist and then hit "sync". It converts the file and then starts to transfer it. Before it gets to 100% the "to sync" pane shows "error" for the status of the first file. The file does not show up on my device and the device sync page shows the playlist as "to sync" again.

Very frustrating.

THanks for any help.

viggster

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 04:48:26 pm »

Anyone???

Here's more info after more troubleshooting: if I use the windows desktop to drag-n-drop an mp3 file to the player, no problem. It transfers and plays.

But, if I try to transfer the same file via MC11's device window (manual mode, with no conversion), the file transfers to the device as a 0 byte file.

It seems to put a "mc.dic" file on the device, too.

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 05:28:12 pm »

The mc.dic file is a file we transfer to maintain a list of files we've sent to the device. The fact that the file is there is a good sign.

We're trying to dig up a device that we can test this with.

Thanks for your patience and input...

JWGasner

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 06:59:19 pm »

I get the same message attempting to load files to a transflash card in a SD adapter.  MC sees it and the process looks OK, but I get the same "None of the tracks can be transferred." error message - thinking this might be a simpler vehicle for you to test with.  I use the transflash or micro SD card in a Samsung A920.

My issues was that I was trying to do this from a remote media server to my main server - this appears to work this way by design - Must be connected to the source of the files.  This is different then the person that started this treads issue - sorry for the confusion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up