INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Tags Deletes Files  (Read 1198 times)

JohnnyBlood

• nothing more to say...
Updating Tags Deletes Files
« on: June 22, 2003, 04:51:57 pm »

I've downloaded some music in the last 24 hours and after updating the tags via Media Jukebox's tag editor, some strange stuff happens...including the deletion of the files altogether.

I will download the files and then access them via Media Jukebox. I will right click on the song, and click on PROPERTIES. After editing the information for the song and cleaning up the file properties, I will click on SAVE. That's when the file essentially is deleted. I will look in the source folder and the name of the file still exists, but the file name changes it's size changes to 0 KB. The file extensions always have a suffix added to them included 6 X's. In other words, the file name becomes something like this: Quincy Jones - Velas.mp3.XXXXXX

Once this happens, the file can no longer be accessed, I have no idea where it goes and is completely gone from my hard drive. What gives?

JohnnyBlood

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating Tags Deletes Files
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 05:42:49 pm »

I have not used MJ8 in ages but there was once a problem if the file was write protected.

make sure the file is not write protected

make sure you have the latest version.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JohnnyBlood

• nothing more to say...
Re: Updating Tags Deletes Files
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 08:56:13 pm »

I resolved part of the problem, but solving the problem does not necessarily explain why the problem happened in the first place. I am using the Windows 2000 Professional operating system on my computer and when I went into FOLDER OPTIONS inside the CONTROL PANEL and clicked on "Use Windows Classic Folders" the problem went away. A search through Google's newsgroup search engine helped lead me to this resolution. But as I said earlier, it doesn't explain why it happened. For now the problem is solved. And yes, I am using the latest version of Media Jukebox 8.0.

Thanks,

JohnnyBlood
Pages: [1]   Go Up