INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analysis Problems  (Read 1695 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Analysis Problems
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:38:49 am »

Something is seriously wrong with audio analysis.  It is taking me hours and hours to analize my audio.  I have a collection of 6203 songs and btween last night and this morning (8 hours time) MC only analized 2004 songs.  Is there a reason for this?  I have the newest build and have not changed multimedia filters; as was suggested might be the cause of problems in another thread.  I also do not use Kaspersky AV.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Analysis Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:11:33 am »

Analysis on FLAC files on dual processors (slow ones) takes me 10-12 seconds, typically.  I just timed this to verify.  Yours took you 14 seconds.  This doesn't seem like a huge problem to me--how long did they you take before?

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:30:38 am »

Well my files aren't FLAc, they're mp3s.  Before I lost my collection and had to re-rip, it took less than eight hourse for the entire thing.  I think 24 hours (estimated) for the collection is a bit much.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 10:41:41 am »

Something is seriously wrong with audio analysis.  It is taking me hours and hours to analize my audio.  I have a collection of 6203 songs and btween last night and this morning (8 hours time) MC only analized 2004 songs...

I have about 37000 audio tracks. I just calculated the average track duration. It is about 4.5 minutes.

2004 of my average tracks x 4.5 minutes = 9000 minutes = 150 hours.

150/8 makes 18.75.

If your tracks have similar average duration then your PC can decode and analyze at 18.75x speed.

Depending on the file format and the PC used that may be normal.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 11:04:58 am »

Really?  Than why was the analysis time drastically lower than it is now?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 11:26:09 am »

Really? Than why was the analysis time drastically lower than it is now?

Could you provide more information?

1. What encoder and compression settings you used when you reripped the files? Did you use the same settings earlier?

2. What is the playback time of your 2004 analyzed files? MC shows the total duration on the bottom toolbar when the files are selected.

3. Are the files located on a local HD? If it is external, how is it connected (USB1, USB2, Firewire, NAS, ... ) ?

5. Paste your System Info from MC's Help menu here. What is the processor type and speed if the System Info does not provide correct information?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 11:37:38 am »

Could you provide more information?

1. What encoder and compression settings you used when you reripped the files? Did you use the same settings earlier?

I used MP3pro at 80kbs (nero's high quality setting).  I did not change this encoder when I re-ripped.

2. What is the playback time of your 2004 analyzed files? MC shows the total duration on the bottom toolbar when the files are selected.

4.3gb - 5.3 days

3. Are the files located on a local HD? If it is external, how is it connected (USB1, USB2, Firewire, NAS, ... ) ?

All files are on a local hard drive (E:\)

5. Paste your System Info from MC's Help menu here. What is the processor type and speed if the System Info does not provide correct information?

Media Center Registered 11.1.152 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1659 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 731 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3550A    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     DVD RW DRU-800A    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 12:37:52 pm »

5.3 days = 127,2 hours

127,2 / 8 = 15.9

So your system works at 15.9x speed when it analyzes files.

If you files really are in mp3PRO format that is something I cannot try here because MC does not have an mp3PRO encoder. The pro format is different than the standard MP3. I am afraid that using mp3PRO files with MC is not optimal in many ways.

More information is available e.g. here:

http://www.mp3prozone.com/basics.htm

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/mp3pro/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up