INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 10 - Any Suggestions For Maintaining Song Order  (Read 821 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 10 - Any Suggestions For Maintaining Song Order
« on: April 29, 2006, 02:33:40 am »

I'm using MC 10.0.173.  I'm wondering if there is a better way to maintain song order than creating playlists each time you want to maintain a certain order in ones' songs.  I have over 300 CDs in my collection consequently I've created just as many playlists.  I'm thinking there's gotta be a better way.

I've spent considerable time listening to my collection and through the use of the "rating", "comment" and "custom" columns, I prefer to hear songs in a certain order.

When I listen to music, I listen in one of two ways.  Either I'll choose an artist which usually comprises multiple albums or I'll listen to specific albums.  I don't have a problem with creating a playlist for an artist which will usually encompasses multiple CDs.  Where it becomes a pain is when I want to listen to specific albums.  The only way I've discovered to maintain song order in this case, is to create album playlists.  Consequently 300 CDs = 300 playlists.

I seem to recall reading somewhere here in the forum, that songs in the "Playing Now" window, if sorted, would be saved that way.  I haven't found how to do this so I'm assuming this may be a feature of MC 11?

I would be ever so grateful for any suggestions provided.

ballen

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC 10 - Any Suggestions For Maintaining Song Order
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:36:19 am »

I prefer to hear songs in a certain order.
Only you know this, and playlists are the way to do it.

Now i tend to listen to album in track# order most of the time, so playing now is customised to display as such.

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC 10 - Any Suggestions For Maintaining Song Order
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:58:23 am »

Thanks for the reply hit_NY!   ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up