INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *NEW* Plug-In -> aLyrics v1.0.0 Beta released 4/30/06  (Read 5814 times)

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
*NEW* Plug-In -> aLyrics v1.0.0 Beta released 4/30/06
« on: April 30, 2006, 09:34:34 pm »

Receiving the aTagger cease and desist back in February took the plug-in writing wind out of my sail so to speak.  Recently all of the work that Mr ChrZ has been doing to document C# .NET plug-in development has motivated me again.  Keep up the good work Mr ChrZ!!!

I've spent the weekend working on a new aLyric plug-in for Media Center.  It performs batch downloads from Lyrictracker.  While Lyrictracker has far fewier lyrics than King's SpartaLyrics their XML API allows lyrics to be uploaded and downloaded very quickly.  Another key feature of aLyrics is Interactive Error Processing (simular to the feature that was hidden within aTagger).

Please do us all a favor and submit any lyrics that you get from Lyrictracker to King's SpartaLyrics.

aLyrics v1.0.0 Beta is available for download at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz or alternately at http://auldridge.biz:81/alyrics (if you have firewall problems).

Description of aLyrics from the ReadMe:
The primary function of aLyrics is to automatically update the Media Center library with lyrics downloaded from LyricTracker (http://www.lyrictracker.com).  Optionally aLyrics will upload lyrics to lyrictracker.com (this feature requires an account sign-up at lyrictracker.com).

The secondary function of aLyrics, Interactive Error Processing, is useful when aLyrics is unable to locate lyrics from lyrictracker.com.  Interactive Error Processing allows a user to search for lyrics using a built-in web browser. Once the lyrics are found, the lyric text can be selected and automatically copied into the Media Center library with the touch of a button.

aLyrics processes the files in a user selected playlist.  A library field may need to be added to the Media Center library in order to store the lyric data.  To add Library Fields use the menu options: Tools | Options... | Library.

aLyrics is written in C# .NET and requires Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0.

Enjoy...  @l@n
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: *NEW* Plug-In -> aLyrics v1.0.0 Beta released 4/30/06
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 04:25:34 am »

.NET framework v2.0 installed (as well as v1.1 and a v1.1 update)

"plugin cannot be created"

0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Start
0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Loading plugin: aLyrics
0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Loading options
0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Options loaded (GUID: {48BA4D2E-DCEB-3F3F-8C3F-669543C99D6F}
0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Build plug-in information object
0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Attempting to create COM control
0017187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Failed (last error = 0x0)
0019187: General: CInterfacePlugins::StartSelectedPlugin: Finish (2000 ms)

welcome back @l@n :)

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:59:47 am »

"plugin cannot be created"

I've updated the setup to distribute Interop.MediaJukeBox.dll.  Honestly I'm a little baffled why I didn't have the same problem on the test machine that I installed aLyrics on.  Perhaps it was because I hadn't used that machine in a while and an old version of aTagger was previously installed there?

Anyway, I've tested on 2 machines and both setup and execute correctly for me.  Please let me know if I've fixed the problem.

aLyrics v1.0.1 Beta is available for download at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz or alternately at http://auldridge.biz:81/alyrics (if you have firewall problems).

Thanks...  @l@n

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 09:15:58 am »

@l@n

Are you From Canada A?

aTagger, aLyrics

Just kidding...  ;D
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:23 pm »

really neat idea this btw :)

v1.0.1 is up and running here.

the pop-up browser is OK, and the 'not found' button appears to be OK too.

having found lyrics for a track, I clicked the 'found it' button but had neglected to select any text. this resulted in an exception error....

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
   at aLyrics.frmWebBrowser.cmdOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
aLyrics
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/aLyrics/aLyrics.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Interop.MediaJukebox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/aLyrics/Interop.MediaJukebox.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
AMS.Profile
    Assembly Version: 1.1.2311.34462
    Win32 Version: 1.1.2311.34462
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/aLyrics/AMS.Profile.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

I clicked the 'continue' button and selected the text, but this resulted in the same error repeating. I'll restart the plugin and see what happens then....

brb...

EDIT:
k, selecting text and hitting "found it" is always producing an error for me.

other bugs:
in the options, none of the artist or song search options are changeable, they are all 'greyed out'

thoughts:
aTagger allowed us to create a tag in which to save a status flag. it would be neat to have this implemented into aLyrics also, so that we could determine which tracks without lyrics had been passed through the plugin and which had not.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 07:04:19 pm »

@l@n

Are you From Canada A?

aTagger, aLyrics

Just kidding...  ;D

Then it would be   "ehlyrics             8)
-

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:55 am »

Downloaded this today (5/2/2006)

Couple of items:

1) Please add a pause button.  I needed to stop in the middle of a batch.  It started back at the beginning again.

2) How is the order of the songs determined?   I added my library to playing now.
If I click on playing now in the tree, it's sorted by artist and album.
In the alyrics window, it's all over the map with each track in order being from a different artist.  This made it impossible for me to note the quantity of tracks already completed and start from there in playing now.

3) With interactive error processing enabled.....
Track info is not found.
I'm presented with a browser window with a google search.
I find the lyrics, select the text, right click and choose copy.
Then when I click on the FOUND IT button, I get this error followed by a bunch of stuff in the details section.
Seems to be same error Marko reported.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken= numbers here or one of it's dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 08:13:06 am »

Alan,

This is great and exactly what I needed for lyrics!  I am getting the same error as above when selecting from search though :(

Also if you change the source the display does not update although it is accessing the correct lyrics there is no way to see this as previous tracks from old source are still listed.

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 04:42:12 pm »

Alan,

I installed everything based on your latest build and had no errors as reported by some others.

I like it.  Very clean.

Can you tell me what it does when it finds lyrics?  Does it only update MC if the lyrics are missing?  Does it replace what is already there?  For now I'm running off a playlist of missing lyrics so I cannot tell what it is doing.

Also, is there a way to report only on what is updated rather than all of the errors?

Randy

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 09:19:00 pm »

I'm sorry that I haven't been more responsive to the feedback and questions that I've received about aLyrics.  I find it difficult to allocate much time for the fun stuff except on the weekends.  Fortunately I have been able to spend about an hour each evening this week so I have been fixing/enhancing aLyrics.

First a little explanation on how Interactive Error Processing is supposed to work... 
It is supposed to pop-up the built in browser on http://www.google.com/musicsearch searching for "song" artist.  From there you can browse to any web site that has the lyrics for the artist/song you are looking for.  Then you hi light the entire text of the lyric and press the [Found It] button.  There is no need to copy the text, just select it and press the button.  If you can't find the lyric on-line, press the [Not Found] button and aLyrics will begin processing the next song in the list.  If you want to stop aLyrics from processing any more songs, press the [Stop] button. Note that if you later press the [Start] button, processing will start at the beginning of the list.

having found lyrics for a track, I clicked the 'found it' button but had neglected to select any text. this resulted in an exception error....

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml
Regrettably, I've not been able to reproduce this problem (and I've tested on 3 different machines -- all running Win XP Pro).  I'll do some research on Google to try to figure out what is going on.  Perhaps Mr ChrisZ has some ideas???  Maybe I need to distribute an additional .dll with the setup program.

none of the artist or song search options are changeable, they are all 'greyed out'

I will enable user selection for these soon but I just haven't gotten to it yet.  I added the UI but have not added any code to support the functionality.

aTagger allowed us to create a tag in which to save a status flag. it would be neat to have this implemented into aLyrics also, so that we could determine which tracks without lyrics had been passed through the plugin and which had not.
Great idea!!!  Per your request, I have added this functionality.  It will be available the next time I release aLyrics.

1) Please add a pause button.  I needed to stop in the middle of a batch.  It started back at the beginning again.
I can add a pause button but if you leave aLyrics (like to go to Playing Now") when you return aLyrics will have lost state and will start over from the beginning.  A Pause button would only be useful if you paused aLyrics and then restarted it without leaving aLyrics.  zxsix, can you clarify if you could use pause as I described it?

2) How is the order of the songs determined?
I just use the GetFile API to get the list of songs from the user selected play-list.  I usually use Playing Now and have never noticed the list being in a different order than they are in the Playing Now list.  I'll try using another play list and see what happens.  For the program, it is slightly faster if the songs are sorted in artist order.  Please let me know if you can find a pattern to the random order.

3) With interactive error processing enabled.....
Track info is not found.
I'm presented with a browser window with a google search.
I find the lyrics, select the text, right click and choose copy.
Then when I click on the FOUND IT button, I get this error followed by a bunch of stuff in the details section.
Seems to be same error Marko reported.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml
To use Interactive Error Processing you just need to select the text and press the [Found It] button.  The real problem is the issue that you are having with Microsoft.mshtml.  I don't know what the problem is just yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

Also if you change the source the display does not update although it is accessing the correct lyrics there is no way to see this as previous tracks from old source are still listed.
I'm really sorry, but I don't understand this one.  Could you please add more description?

I installed everything based on your latest build and had no errors as reported by some others.
I'm happy to hear  that I'm not the only one that can get this thing to work.   ;D

Can you tell me what it does when it finds lyrics?  Does it only update MC if the lyrics are missing?  Does it replace what is already there?  For now I'm running off a play-list of missing lyrics so I cannot tell what it is doing.
Good question!!!   aLyrics will only update the lyrics if the lyrics are currently missing from the MC Library.  Processing goes a little something like this... 

Does MC Library have lyrics for this song?
<Yes> - If the user has enabled the upload feature (which I recommend) the lyrics are uploaded to the Lyrictracker DB (if they don't already exist in the DB)
<No> - try to get the lyrics from the Lyrictracker DB, if it is found add it to the Media Center library

Also, is there a way to report only on what is updated rather than all of the errors?
The best that I can offer with the current version is Verbose reporting (enable-able from the Reporting Options tab) but I have already added functionality to write the status in the MC Database.  You can then see exactly what happened and create play-list accordingly.

Again, I'm sorry for my slow response but thanks so much for your feedback.

Thanks...  @l@n

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 11:21:24 pm »

I can add a pause button but if you leave aLyrics (like to go to Playing Now") when you return aLyrics will have lost state and will start over from the beginning.  A Pause button would only be useful if you paused aLyrics and then restarted it without leaving aLyrics.  zxsix, can you clarify if you could use pause as I described it?Thanks...  @l@n

That's correct, I just need to pause atagger for 30 minutes or so to release more cpu to other applications.  MC would be minimized but the atagger plugin would still have the focus.
I won't be doing other things within MC during the pause.

----------------------

As to the order not following the playing now order, here's what I've done to try to track this down.

I made sure that Shuffle mode is OFF.

I created a new playlist from scratch and named it "alyrics to do".

Here's the playlist definition:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classical],[Comedy],[Podcast],[Radio],[Sound Clip] ~sort=[Artist],[Album],[Track #]
This displays as expected.

I then configured aLyrics to use that playlist instead of Playing Now.
This method sorts in order as expected.
I'll just continue to use this.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 03:11:48 am »

plenty of time, so take your time, nice to be working with you again :)

I searched my system for Microsoft.mshtml and I found a copy. The copy I found came from auldridge.biz, so, for kicks, I copied it into the alyrics directory and waddayaknow, no more errors :)

Now, when I click found it, alyrics correctly displays the found lyric text, but it does not update the lyrics field.

yes, 'non-update mode' is unticked
yes, the browser displayed 'update mode' in the right-hand corner of the status bar
no, I did not let the job finish, after getting a successful hit, I hit the stop button and went to see if the lyrics had saved correctly, and they had not.

-marko.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 04:29:11 am »

I don't get the MSHTML message others have pointed out.
Looks like Marko's found the soloution, although I've no idea why some
machines have it and others don't.
Maybe if people that get the problem could indicate some info on their
machines.
Two things I'd guess as important
1.  What OS? (If XP Pro or Home?)
2.  Are you running IE7 at all?

I'm running XP Pro, I've had IE7 installed, but have rolled back to 6.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 05:21:05 am »

XP Pro-SP2, all critical updates installed as of Monday this week.

Up untill Monday, no IE7. (after Friday, most likely no IE7 again ;) first impressions were good, so I gave it a week, and it's beginning to tick me off now so it'll be lucky to see the end of friday.)

If I had never installed another of @l@n's programs, I would not have had this file anywhere on my system at all.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 09:41:43 am »

Win2k3 server.
IE 6.

marko, can you post a link to that microsoft.mshtml file of yours?
I'd like to copy it into my atagger folder as well.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 02:32:07 pm »

Thanks for the cool plugin!

I was getting the Microsoft.mshtml error, too. Win XP Pro. I have IE6. Never installed IE7. Use Firefox for most of my browsing though. Copying the file from aTagger worked for me.
Sue

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 07:02:53 pm »

I found a copy of that microsoft.mshtml file and I no longer get the error.
Now, when I highlight the lyric text on a webpage and press the Found It button, It moves on to the next file just fine.

The lyrics field in MC was populated correctly.

However, the log file from aLyrics shows this:

Processing artist: "AFI"  song: Kung-Fu Devil
    Not Found!
    Lyric: It's said and done, there is no turning . . .fight, I hope that I don't end up dying.
    *ERROR*: SaveToTag() failed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up