INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Splitting the "View" Vertically?  (Read 823 times)

fhaferjr

Splitting the "View" Vertically?
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:46:40 pm »

I'm new to MC so bear with me...

Is it possible to split the view in the Main Window vertically instead of horizontally?  For example, I'd like to have my Audio files list on the left half of the screen (from top to bottom) broken into two panes: 1) Artist/Album and 2) Tracks, and then the entire right half of the screen (from top to bottom) be my active playlist.

I know you can split the screen into 1, 2 or 3 views but this splits the screen horizontally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Splitting the "View" Vertically?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:56:00 pm »

Nope.

One option you could use is action window -> build playlist -> edit playing now.

A lot of users would like this and the developers know it is a frequently requested feature.

The problem I believe is that you can't simply eliminate the left hand side of screen as MC would have to place some of its functionality in other places in order to allow for split views i.e. the tree view and action window would have to displaced somewhere else but still available.

This is why I would like to see tabbed viewing on the left hand side. ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:19:38 pm »

1.  I'm one of those users Datdude mentioned who hope to see vertical views.

2.  For an idea of how vertical views might look (Matt and JimH, you can try this also), create a virtual handheld under drives and devices.  The resultant view is splitable vertically (Gasp!), and yet the bills continue to get paid and the trains run on time, FWIW. 

Veritcally split views!  Hooyah!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:31:12 pm »

:o :o :o

Replace the artist area with the display area, and the album area with the playing now file list, and I would have an MCgasm
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up