INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HowTo Get Song Metadata ala "Find Album Info" via WMP  (Read 987 times)

winterminute

• Junior Woodchuck
HowTo Get Song Metadata ala "Find Album Info" via WMP
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:37:44 am »

I'm a WMP convert, at least i'm trying to be.  One of the features I loved was the ability to select a file and say "Find Album Info".  It would use the existing metadata to pre-populate a search, but you free to edit those search strings to find the exact album.  Then it would download all the metadata including album art.

I can't seem to find something like that in MC.  I don't totally understand what YADB is but it doesn't find very many songs and the one song it did find the album art was never updated.

Any ideas?

winterminute

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HowTo Get Song Metadata ala "Find Album Info" via WMP
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »

Anyone?  I end up loading the file into WMP and using that and then importing it back into MC, but there has to be a better way.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HowTo Get Song Metadata ala "Find Album Info" via WMP
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:16:19 pm »

YADB doesn't store album art. King Sparta has a cover art finder... Take a look in the 3rd party plugins.

We did have a GREAT plugin, but the author got a nasty letter from the source that he was using...   :(
You can get a Lyrics finder, but that is about it.

I'm hoping that one day, a enterprising author would make a plugin from data from Wiki.
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up