INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: An internet radio feature like the podcast section  (Read 1268 times)

aszure

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Once again, great job to the devs on 11.1. I love it.  But I wanted to throw an idea by yall. I listen to internet radio tons. I have been able to add my favorite stations as playlists, and it all works out fairly well, but would love a module thats like the podcast one. One where you can check out a few major stream sites (shoutcast, icecast, live365, etc) and add stations to a quickly accessible menu.

The web media feature isnt too good. I have disabled it all together.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggestion: An internet radio feature like the podcast section
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 06:42:18 pm »

Yeah, this gets my vote too. Would be nice to see in the not too distant future...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
Re: Suggestion: An Internet radio feature like the podcast section
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 12:32:52 am »

Yes, agreed. Although the current "Web Media" radio station thing is pretty cool and nice-and-simple in many respects, it could use a bit of an overhaul and some new features...

They should make the radio station database more Wiki-like/interactive, so users can participate more easily in cleaning it up, alphabetizing it, adding additional genre labels and keywords to stations (and fleshing out the descriptions and info on the stations in general), pulling out duplicates and old streams, etc.

Also, the "My Stations" feature of "Web Media" is troublesome -- If you make a lot of selections, you need search/sort functions to make it really useful, but there doesn't seem to be a way to organize, sort, or search the "My Station" selections... And I've lost my selections multiple times in the past (are the selections stored in IE cookies instead of actually inside the MC settings? Not the greatest... ).

Actually, I'd really like it if the MC Podcast tool had some of these options as well -- more search and sort capabilities, and possibly more MC user interactivity....

Maybe the "Web media" and "Podcast" features of MC should be combined somehow, into some sort of sub-database in MC where users can search/sort through their streaming and down-loadable media (that they've personally selected) while also having the option of sharing media steams and RSS feeds via an up-datable central database (a fancier version of MC's "Web Media" database, essentially, that included podcast feeds and advanced tools, without losing the perks of the current MC Podcast tools).

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen

Dutch Peter

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Carpe Diem
Re: Suggestion: An internet radio feature like the podcast section
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 06:31:28 am »

My vote is yours!!!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up