INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help transfering playlists  (Read 1114 times)

elexander

Help transfering playlists
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:16:19 am »

Hi!

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I've tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything.

Any way.

I found this fantastic program yesterday and I've been playing around with it a bit creating playlists and other basic operations. My problem is when I try to transfer the playlists I've created to my mp3-player / phone. It doesn't support playlist-files and does instead create it's own playlists based on the directory the files are in. I've changed the "Audio Path" to just "MP3\" instead of "Music\[Artist]\[Album]\"wich is nessesary because else my phone will create a playlist for every Artist and Album, so now all the mp3s are basicly just transferd into the directory "MP3". As long as I just have one playlist on the phone everything is working just fine. But when i try to transfer another everything is just added to the old playlist because all the files are in the same directory.
What I would need is an option to transfer my files into the directory  "MP3\[Name of playlist]\". Is that at all possibly?

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help transfering playlists
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:27:25 am »

I don't think you can do that, but check the options available for the transfer.  Begin by opening the handheld action window icon, then click in the upper left corner of the window to get to options.

elexander

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 11:51:29 am »

I don't think you can do that, but check the options available for the transfer.  Begin by opening the handheld action window icon, then click in the upper left corner of the window to get to options.

I've tried that, but no luck. Thank you anyway.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 01:27:08 pm »

You could make a custom field named "Playlist" (Tools > Options > Library > Add). After that select all files included in a playlist and add the playlist name in the field. Repeat this for each playlist you are going to sync.

Use this folder rule: MP3\[Playlist]\ in the handheld options.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

elexander

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:16:51 am »

You could make a custom field named "Playlist" (Tools > Options > Library > Add). After that select all files included in a playlist and add the playlist name in the field. Repeat this for each playlist you are going to sync.

Use this folder rule: MP3\[Playlist]\ in the handheld options.

Great! Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up