INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Getting cover art from internet - not working?  (Read 1979 times)

Abby

• Recent member
  • Principal Engineer, Streaming Media Technologies
Re: Getting cover art from internet - not working?
« on: May 28, 2006, 10:45:12 am »

I'm also having the same problem where MC is not finding cover art for many of my albums (even new, mainstream ones) and then it loses the link to the covert art associations it does have, so was thrilled to hear about the plugin!

However, the plugin isn't finding anything  :(  I tried it manually for many files (even ones I verified are on 2ThumbsUpMall.com), it says "There are no images in the list to view, try again later"  Batch mode also returns nothing.

Just as an example - I'm currently on a song from The Cure: Paris.  Manual shows nothing, Batch gets nothing.  I switch to the "Search Cover Art" tab, press "Artist & Album" and there's a nice big picture of the album.  It comes up quickly too, so I don't think it's a lag/bandwidth thing (I'm on broadband)

Please help!  What am I doing wrong?  I've been using the Setup options that came with it - although I also tried enabling min/max size (1-500) so my settings are now:
Enable Minimum & Max Settings (tried with it checked and not checked) 1 - 500

Get Image Size: Huge, Large, Medium, Small are all checked.  Largest is selected
Max Retries: Have tried 0, 1, 10
Upload to: Artist

Batch & Manual Mode:
- All checkboxes are checked
- All "Recommended" radio buttons are selected

Thanks!
Abby

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting cover art from internet - not working?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 12:09:26 pm »

Just as an example - I'm currently on a song from The Cure: Paris.  Manual shows nothing, Batch gets nothing.  I switch to the "Search Cover Art" tab, press "Artist & Album" and there's a nice big picture of the album.  It comes up quickly too, so I don't think it's a lag/bandwidth thing (I'm on broadband)

Go to My Website with the search at www.2thumbsupmall.com and go to the detailed product page and drag the image to the drop box, it will add this cover art to the Cover Art Server. (if you try to drag the image from the first page it is really a html so that image will not work). It does not get the images Automatically from my website www.2thumbsupmall.com only from the Cover Art Server (they are two different things).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up