INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Playlists and Playlist Groups  (Read 1242 times)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
File Playlists and Playlist Groups
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:39:29 pm »

In Action Window > File Properties > File Playlists the tree view should display a mark even in nodes (Playlist Groups), not only in leaves (Playlists) of the playlist tree. So you can quicly know that inside a Playlist Group there is at least a Playlist containing the given track. At the time you have to open each Playlist Group and visually inspect it.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: File Playlists and Playlist Groups
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:47:04 pm »

Tree view needs some usability tweaks on it for sure. But for some reason this has been delayed, to the point where lots of ppl don't like working with the tree at all and are pushing for its removal.

I use it sparingly, but its presence is essential in certain areas. Favorites is useful here, but you need to recreate it if you upgrade.

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:12:45 pm »

I use it sparingly, but its presence is essential in certain areas. Favorites is useful here, but you need to recreate it if you upgrade.
I didn’t know about a relation between File Playlists and Favorites. How does it work?

I know that Favorites’ configuration gets lost when you upgrade MC (this is why I don’t upgrade often). Every configuration parameter should be saved in an INI file, in order to survive an upgrade.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 04:31:39 pm »

Just go into the playlist you want and then add to favorites, i have the favorites icon in my taskbar so i can find it quickly.

I tend to use playlists a lot less than smartlists & viewschemes with favorites. Favorites *ahem* is another area that needs to be improved, it can't do nested items atm so if you add too many items you get the arrows at the extreme ends and have to mouse over. Positioning items in favorites is likewise a bit slow as well.

I was not very impressed that these areas were not targeted at all during v11.1, really simple things as well, something you would notice with minimal user testing.

All i can think of is they have something better in mind, for the next version but that's still a year away :(

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 11:36:04 am »

Just go into the playlist you want and then add to favorites, i have the favorites icon in my taskbar so i can find it quickly.
So, now I am getting somewhat lost. What use is adding a playlist to favorites? What’s its added value with File Playlist?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 01:19:52 pm »

Dunno, if you have a few playlists you want to hear more frequently and dont want to dig them out of the tree, as i said i find it more useful with smartlists & viewschemses

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 12:29:22 am »

I use Favorites the same way that hit_ny does. It's quicker than scrolling down the whole Tree to find a playlist.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up