INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any EMU users? (Dig. output question)  (Read 2737 times)

JONCAT

Any EMU users? (Dig. output question)
« on: July 15, 2006, 08:40:22 am »

I need a little guidance on digital. I'm an analog 2channel stereo guy so bear with me.

JRiver Media Center detects three devices/zones on my main PC:

ASIO
Wave Device (DC0)
USB Audio (Bluetooth)

MC can output different streams to different zones.

I don't have any of the digital outputs connected to anything; there is ADAT and COAX output I believe right?

If I add these strips to the Patch Mix, but don't connect any devices to the PC, MC doesn't recognize any digital devices. I don't have any digital devices to connect so my question is that if I do connect a device will MC detect as a new device/zone so I can run a zone to my son's room. Am I going to have to route one of the existing zones to the ADAT? When will Windows or MC recognize the digital ADAT/COAX strips as devices?

The room's are right next to each other and I like to run a hardwire connection to  his room and cut down on wifi bandwith consumption.

thanks
DC

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Any EMU users? (Dig. output question)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:09:39 am »

Not entierly sure of your question, but if you are wondering on how you will get digital outputs in MC, you won't. It's up to the sound card to "route" the sound to the diffrent outputs it has. MC can only view the diffrent output devices.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:34:18 am »

To clarify further,  I was asking about speakers that have digital inputs so I could create a new zone and route some audio through a "line" connection. I found some Edirols and suprisingly the M-Audio models don't have any. MC can detect certain standalone devices which you can route audio to it e.g. Saitek Wireless speaker via Direct sound so it doesn't interfere with the EMU DCE0 waveout or your ASIO playback on you main stereo.

v/r
DC

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 07:04:55 am »

Not entierly sure of your question, but if you are wondering on how you will get digital outputs in MC, you won't. It's up to the sound card to "route" the sound to the diffrent outputs it has. MC can only view the diffrent output devices.

This is not entirely true. On my M-Audio Revo 5.1 I need to select Wave Out to get any sound from my digital out. Selecting Direct Sound outputs it to analog.

next to that I also need to select analog or digital in the Revo's control panel. If MJ does not match the control panels' setting it remains pretty quiet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up