INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video thumbnail location problem  (Read 899 times)

brewabeer

• Recent member
video thumbnail location problem
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »

Hi all, I thought I should put this topic in its own thread, in case it proves useful in the archives, and my other thread has already covered a lot of ground!

I have a small problem with video thumbnail images, but I think this one is my own fault  :-[

If I try to 'use screen grab for thumbnail' and the video clip already has a thumbnail image, it won't use the new grab. If there is no thumbnail then it seems to work instantly.

What I have found is that the new grabs are stored in:

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\ScreenGrabs

So I can then use image>add from file to find and select the grab, and when I do this I get the message 'do you want to copy this image to your cover art folder (as selected in options)' or something to that effect - sorry, the exact wording escapes me and I ticked the 'do not show this again' box  :(. Anyway, if I tick 'yes' then the thumbnail successfully updates with the new grab.

If I do not do this separate process then the old thumbnail remains.

I think the problem may be that I repointed 'track images location' to my old cover art directory on my D drive, and it looks like this has caused the conflict as thumbnails are being stored in one location yet searched for in another.

So I guess question 1 is: will resetting 'track images location' mean that I can just 'use screen grab for thumbnail' in one step (I actually don't have much in my old cover art folder anyway so it's no real loss if I need to discard it) - and more to the point, what is that default location? It obviously isn't the 'screen grabs' folder as this only contains the grabs that I have made manually, the default thumbs must reside elsewhere.

And question 2 is: is there a way to relocate/repoint this directory to somewhere safe on my D drive so that I can still use the 'use screen grab for thumbnail' feature, or is this a bug / limitation with the thumbnail feature?
Pages: [1]   Go Up