INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing image files on CDs........ is there a setting somewhere......  (Read 1338 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not

I am in the process of composing a Family Photo album(including the families of siblings, aunts, uncles etc.). I got all of the families to make CDs of all their favorite pictures and send them to me. I am sorting through them all and taking the best shots and combining them all into a “Best of” Album. I am dealing with dozens of CDs and many thousands of image files. I suspect there will be more files culled than files that I will use for the “Best of” Album.

I prefer using MC to view, cull and organize image files that are in my library, but everytime I put in a CD with more than a few thousand image files on it that are not in my library, it takes forever for MC to complete the task of just “gathering information and updating the view” so I am able to see what is on the CD. In short, my question is........Is there a way to use MC to view image files on a CD without having to go through the long task of “gi&uv” or is this task necessary for MC to work? I know other graphics programs I have used for viewing image files on CDs do not do this, but prefer to use MC.
Thanks
Chas

Chasoscar

• World Citizen

In short, my question is........Is there a way to use MC to view image files on a CD without having to go through the long task of “gi&uv” or is this task necessary for MC to work?

Anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I prefer using MC to view, cull and organize image files that are in my library, but everytime I put in a CD with more than a few thousand image files on it that are not in my library, it takes forever for MC to complete the task of just “gathering information and updating the view” so I am able to see what is on the CD.
I believe that's a limitation of Windows and the speed of the drive.  Copying the files to your hard drive would help.

Did you try importing the disk?

Chasoscar

• World Citizen

Thanks for the reply Jim
No I didnt try importing the CD because I have so many of them and a limited amout of space. The reason why I posed the question  was that I know with other graphics viewers (i.e.-ACDsee) I am able to view the  contents right off the disk without waiting for program to "gather information" I just thought I was missing something(like a setting tick mark) and was hoping there was a way to do the same thing using MC.
I have a pretty fast machine(3.2gig p4, 1gig of Ram, and my DVD drive is 52x) I cant understand why the CDs take so long to cue up in MC. I actually do not know how long it does take because I have yet to let the task complete before getting impatient and using ACDsee to do the job. I would just prefer being able to use MC.
Thanks anyway,
Chas
Pages: [1]   Go Up