INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Translation of user defined fields / view schemes?  (Read 732 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Translation of user defined fields / view schemes?
« on: August 12, 2006, 06:17:30 am »

I very often switch between English and German and realized that some translation items do not work - user defined fields and view scheme names. So those names make a rather ugly appearance (What about a field "Entstehungsjahr" in English?).

This is due to the fact that they are not part of the official translation file as they are provided by the user. Of course I could add them to the translation file (can I?), but then each time a new translation file is being deployed, they will overridden.

My suggestion would be to have an include option in the translation file to include a separate user defined translation file like a statement such as: #include mytranslation.txt. The file would be in the same folder as language.txt. Or even simpler: If there is a custom.txt in the same folder, it would also be read. This could include the possibility to override some translations of the official file one would like to change.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Translation of user defined fields / view schemes?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:53:01 pm »

Send me your suggestions to the german language file…
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

konshul

Re: Translation of user defined fields / view schemes?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:12:23 pm »

I sent Russian to matt @ jriver.com and jimh@ but something wrong with these e-mails.
Pages: [1]   Go Up