INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags on Podcasts Question  (Read 847 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Tags on Podcasts Question
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »

Is there any way to prevent MC from overwriting the tags on podcast enclosures?  Some podcast feeds contain multiple podcasts, and the default method of rewriting the album and artist with the feed name makes these difficult/impossible to manage within MC.  I tried tag settings of [album] and [artist] (chosen from the drop downs) and got:
Artist = '<artist>'
Album = '<album>'

Seems like a defect since it lets me choose [artist] as the data I want in that field but then just puts '<artist>' as the tag data.

If I download the files outside of MC and then import them in, the correct Artist and Album information is in the file tags.

If this is just 'how it is' in MC11, are there any changes in MC12 that might address this?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Tags on Podcasts Question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:37:57 am »

Any help here from JRiver?  I know you are busy with the beta and may not be able to comment on potential MC12 features, but can I at least get confirmation that the tag control features are currently working as I am seeing them and I am not just doing something stupid on my end.  It's great that I can re-write the tags when needed, but I can't seem to be able to just leave them alone on those feeds that are properly tagged to begin with.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tags on Podcasts Question
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:17:34 am »

We haven't had a chance to look at this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up