INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 Not responding after convert file  (Read 872 times)

iajim

• Recent member
MC11 Not responding after convert file
« on: August 16, 2006, 12:04:53 pm »

Every time I convert a group of files from WAV to APE MC11 goes thru the conversion of all files successfully. It then locks up the program (not the whole PC). I have to go to "Windows Task Manager" to end the "not responding" MC11.

After restarting MC I find the conversion took place successfully and the files are where they should be (the original folder) and the WAV files have been deleted as expected.

iajim

• Recent member
Re: MC11 Not responding after convert file
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:26:31 am »

An interesting observation. If I minimize MC11 while it is doing the convert it does not hang the program. When maximized after it is finished; files are converted & everything is as it should be.

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC11 Not responding after convert file
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 03:51:37 pm »

as an aside, (i havn't tried the convert format option)
if i try to rip a cd with MC set to do two threads at a time, on the first thread MC hangs
the rest complete properly, but track one never finishes and i have to end task it and reimport the track

with this information and the trouble mc has with video thumbnailing, the only conclusion i can come up with is that in general the guys who write this don't understand multi-threading properly, or that they have rose-tinted glasses on and assume that "everything will be ok"

80% of the problems i come up against can be tracked down to multi-threading - and it's begining too look like there's something they are forgettting to do correctly
And by that, I mean they think they are doing it right, but they are not - just looking at a few logs of what they do shows that they are not
Pages: [1]   Go Up