INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist and Smartlist buckets  (Read 1055 times)

bbuckeye

• Recent member
Playlist and Smartlist buckets
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:20:03 am »

Sorry in advance if this has been answered somewhere here.  I couldn't seem to find anything after a lengthy search.

I use smartlists to show new media in buckets 0-30 days, 31-60 days, etc.  I also have saved playlists that reside in a folder called playlists on the same drive as my music.  When an import is done, these saved playlists show by name in imported playlists subcatagory in playlists. 

Would it be possible to create a smartlist called new playlists 0-30 days that would show just the playlist names, but not the individual file names for the last 30 days?  I have two schools of thought on this.. One, adjusting the view settings on the Imported Playlist catagory.  Two, making a new smartlist and then adjusting the view settings.  I can't seem to make anything work or even get close for that matter.

Any smartlist guru's out there?  I'm pretty good at these, but this one is bugging me.  We share our data off a network storage drive with individual library's that are updated automatically, so when somebody adds a new playlist, it would be nice to see it after the next import.  Thanks!

bbuckeye

• Recent member
Re: Playlist and Smartlist buckets
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:03:23 am »

bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playlist and Smartlist buckets
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 09:36:46 pm »

Smartlists can only show files.

I don't know if this would help, but you could play around with creating a view scheme that has your "Imported Playlists" group as a component so you could see a list of all the playlists there along with other filters or browing components.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up