INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACC Problems  (Read 1631 times)

ayorke69

ACC Problems
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:53:37 pm »

Hello Folks:

I just purchased this great media player and I was hoping someone could help me out with an issue I'm having with both protected and unprotected ACC files. 

After importing my library a couple of times, learning about the software, it locked up and I had to uninstall and then re-install it.  Ever since then, there are twenty protected and unprotected ACC files in my library that will not import into Media Centre.  My other players (Itunes, Nero) have no problems with the files.

I've searched the board and found a couple of similar problems, but no solution, so I'm looking for some insight here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: ACC Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:33:46 pm »

Can MC even handle protected AAC files?  If so, that's pretty amazing considering iTunes is the only player I know that supports them.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:27:41 am »

Can MC even handle protected AAC files?  If so, that's pretty amazing considering iTunes is the only player I know that supports them.

MC plays protected AAC files in Quicktime engine. So you have to have iTunes installed.

Sometimes reinstalling iTunes would solve the problem.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:41:50 am »

? would you have to install iTunes or would just quicktime itself do the job ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 02:20:51 pm »

I believe you must have iTunes in order to (at least initially) verify your license. Not sure if you can uninstall iTunes after your license has been verified at least once.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ayorke69

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 08:54:44 pm »

Thanks for your help guys.  Yaobing & dlone, I tried to play the files (both the protected and unprotected ones) with Quick Time based on your response, and got a message stating "error 37 - a bad filename or volume name was encountered".

Based on that message, I copied the files over to a new directory, and renamed them with a simple file name.  I then tried playing them, and they worked!  Both the protected and unprotected files. 

I then copied the files back to their original directory, imported it, and let JRiver handle them in any fashion it wished.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 10:45:20 pm »

RealPlayer 10.5 will also play tracks purchased from the iTMS, most likely using the same method that MC uses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up