INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Index 00 on cue sheet for radio shows  (Read 1263 times)

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
Index 00 on cue sheet for radio shows
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:09:12 am »

Hi -

I have a bunch of archived radio shows - they're all 2 hour long MP3s.  I'm lucky enough to have track listings for all of them, so I'd like to go through and create cue sheets to separate out individual songs (there's often unreleased or hard to find material that I don't have anywhere else).

What I'd like to do is add Index 00 points when the DJ is talking so that I can skip directly to the meat of the song, while at the same time having the interludes play when listening to the whole broadcast.  Does MC support Index 00 (and negative track location times)?  Anyone have a preferred way / software to chop up radio shows?

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Index 00 on cue sheet for radio shows
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:38:39 pm »

You need to define those interludes as separate tracks. I don't know any software player program or CUE plugin that can use INDEX 00 entries on playback. MC is not an exception. The standard way is to ignore the INDEX 00 entry before the first track if it exists and combine each following INDEX 00 entry with the preceding track. Also, all CD ripper programs use this system by default when tracks are ripped to separate track files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Index 00 on cue sheet for radio shows
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:55:08 pm »

I've done similar with recorded shows i have, but i just made a txt file in it with the track transitions, its incredibly tedious but at least you can find what you want when you do. MC is sample exact already. I did not bother with the cue files  as the process gets old very fast if you do  it manually.

What i've been asking for ages is
- a way to set book marks at cue points
- have MC export a cue file of those points

at this point its a simple import of said cue into MC.

Not had much response so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up