INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sporadic library issue  (Read 840 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Sporadic library issue
« on: September 05, 2006, 05:16:38 pm »

I've run into this problem about three times, and usually it seems to take care of itself, but last time, it doesn't seem to be self-correcting.

I add a song to the library, and it brings it's id3 information along with it.  In this particular case, I had to change the album, track #, year, add lyrics and album art as well as a rating.  Just to be sure, I update tags (from library).  Then, I shut down MC11.  When I restart the program, the rating and album information has gone back to the "default," or what it originally had.  Everything else stayed as I had altered it.

Usually, this only seems to happen with the most recent song, but right now, that's not the case.  I'm going to convert the format of the song after I reload the information, and see if that takes care of things.  If anyone else has seen this before, or can explain why those two fields are affected, I'd love to know.

[EDIT] Converting the format did absolutely nothing.  I'm using MC 11.1.96, but I've seen this as far back as very early July.

[EDIT] Further investigation shows that the default information is coming from the id3v1 tag, which isn't changing when I update the tags from the library.  The id3v2 tags are accurate.  Why it's not changing on this particular song is unknown.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Re: Sporadic library issue
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:57:29 pm »

In the time since my first post, I've noticed this problem occurs only in the most recently imported track.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up