INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on cover art problem.  (Read 1692 times)

SnowCrash

Question on cover art problem.
« on: September 12, 2006, 10:44:17 am »

I'm a LONG time user of Media Jukebox and just recently upoated to Media Center. I am encountering a problem I've seen in a variety of other products. I've searched the faqs but haven't found anything that specifically references this problem.

I have the same cover art showing up for a number of different albums. Its very aggravating as I've searched the controls and options to try and find how to correct this problem. I would rather not have the cover art show at all if I can't show the right stuff but no matter how I try to make it happen the incorrect cover art remains.

Any help I could get in dealing with this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gerry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Question on cover art problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:57:31 am »

In the FAQ here, there is a thread on how cover art works.  That would be a good place to start.

Alex B Explains Cover Art for MC11.1
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=32323.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34263.msg233801#msg233801

Is there a folder.jpg file in a folder that has several albums?

SnowCrash

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 11:03:03 am »

I have been able to download cover art for the collection. This download if missing or always option should be in the options in my opnion.

I have been able to get the correct cover art. However if the download utility can not locate the cover art...besides the fact that there is no message to that effect...it shows something else. Example, in my case any cover art it can't find displays a Manowar cover.

There has to be a way to NOT display any cover art for music where the cover art can't be found.

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 11:36:56 am »

YFYI
I have no idea what you problem is, but on my pc any tracks where no cover art can be found shows the MC circle/play logo

ps
only posted this because your problem isn't normal behaviour
normally you should get the circle/play logo
there's something wrong happening for you - I just wanted you to know that what you're geting is abnormal

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 11:57:48 am »

One of the things that happens to me when loading new songs, particularly if I can't find the necessary info with YADB
I have to rip it with Windows Media, which always finds the necessary info, then I import the song file(s) into MC but the problem that often happens, is that it takes one of my existing cover art and attaches to my newly imported songs.  So then I have to remove it then add the correct cover art.

Skylar

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 12:10:17 pm »

One of the things that happens to me when loading new songs, particularly if I can't find the necessary info with YADB
I have to rip it with Windows Media, which always finds the necessary info, then I import the song file(s) into MC but the problem that often happens, is that it takes one of my existing cover art and attaches to my newly imported songs.  So then I have to remove it then add the correct cover art.

Skylar

Out of curiosity, which image does assign?
Totally random, a specific image or is it it always the last succesful lookup's imge?

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 04:07:52 pm »

It picks up one of my Yanni album covers.

Skylar

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:34:36 pm »

a little "off on a tangent" - artwork pickup is a hit and miss affair - when i jump for joy that it has found some it is wrong - becoming very depressing
Pages: [1]   Go Up