INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problems with Library Server  (Read 1259 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Cover art problems with Library Server
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:26:04 pm »

I'm finding that I often don't get cover art when playing songs via Libary Server. The server logs say: "Unable to serve cover art, file not found". Sometimes this error is shown multiple times in a raw.

The odd thing is that the art is stored in the files (WMA) and exists as a folder.jpg file. Even more odd is that sometimes the cover art will show up mid-way through playing the song.

I'm kind of thinking that the cover art may not show up until the song is completed downloaded, but that's a wild guess.

Note that for all the tracks the cover art shows up fine locally, the problem is just with Library Server. Are there any setting related to this?

Any ideas?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Cover art problems with Library Server
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:44:02 am »

Hi Qythyx, just guessing but I bet the cover art is stored in the end of the file, and so the client can't see it until it has read the whole file. You could try storing the cover art externally.

j

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:40:01 pm »

That's the thing, it is stored externally as well. Is there any way to tell MC to prefer the external version?

Also, I found that if I reencode the audio on the fly then the cover art comes down much more reliably. I don't know if that's because the tracks are smaller now (OGG versus lossless WMA) or because the reencoding removes the internal cover are and therefore the external version is transfered instead.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 08:04:57 pm »

I store (embed) cover art inside mp3 files, and I have no problems seeing it over Library Server.  This would seem to indicate that the issue may have something to do with WMA files.  You might want to try using an mp3 file with embedded art and seeing if you can see the art over library server.  This would help narrow down the issue to a problem relating to the file type.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up