INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: image playcounts. If an image has been previewed, has it been 'played'?  (Read 990 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

To quickly ascertain what, if any, post-processing a photo requires, I've been using the playing now list in a different zone to see a large enough image preview while listening to music, and still have access to the tag window for those image files.

I hit play, then immediately, hit pause.
I open the list type field I keep for post processing in the tag window, then use ctrl+n to move through the list tagging appropriately.

To my mind, I have not 'played' any images. The player is in pause mode, not play mode, but as soon as I load the next image, its playcount advances.

So, I'm thinking, that's not quite right, and flies in the face of the player logic elsewhere. ie, a file is deemed played after 50% has passed, which in the case of images, should be 50% of the time allowed before the player would advance to the next image?

Perhaps I'm missing something. After I've finished with the post processing, and the files are properly added to the image library for general viewing by everyone, I can simply reset the playcounts, and then from that point forward, the value would be a true reflection. But I can't currently reset the playcount.

Anyone else care enough to comment?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: image playcounts. If an image has been previewed, has it been 'played'?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 03:52:11 pm »

Personally, since images don't really have a "length" (and therefore can't be played to at least 50%), I'd say that if it was displayed at all in the Playing Now "viewer" window that it was played.  The image slideshow settings can be changed, but not on a per-image basis (wouldn't that be cool?), so in my brain the same rules don't apply.

That said, I don't really care.  If you change it so the image playcount doesn't tick until they've been played for at least 2 seconds or 5 seconds or 1/2 the slideshow length time, I won't cry or moan.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up