INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.80  (Read 6864 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.80
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:04:49 pm »

Download:

[build pulled by JimH for Display View crash on track info below ]

History

12.0.80 (9/28/06)

1. Fixed: When running multiple versions of MC at once, they could collide when using some plugin types.
2. Changed: Removed a few obsolete settings from Plugin Manager pages.

12.0.79 (9/28/06)

1. Changed: Video thumbnailing runs at a lower priority so it has less performance impact.
2. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could show a crash message in rare cases where a video thumbnail could not be built.
3. Fixed: If "Slim" was entered the first time while MC was maximized, it could fill the screen.
4. Fixed: Edit drop lists for disc number could sort empty and 1 out of order. (remember that emtpy and 1 sort equally in a file list so tracks without a disc number have an implied disc number of 1)
5. Changed: Menu transparency will not be used if the menu overlaps a hardware accelerated window. (3D visualizations, G-Force, new Theater View, etc.)
6. NEW: MP3 (Internet) streams are buffered to allow seeking anywhere as the stream is received.
7. Fixed: iPods not ejecting correctly after sync or on close.
8. Fixed: Some bad image files could cause the player to hang.
9. Fixed: Not able to recognize non-WMDM handheld devices on operating systems that don't support WMDM.
10. NEW: A new WAVE input plugin that handles uncompressed WAV files, including http:// files and files with UNICODE characters in the path. Compressed WAV files will continue to be handled in DirectShow.
11. Fixed: Audible files not tranferring to iPods.
12. Fixed: Shift-End, Shift-Ctrl-End, Shift-Home, Shift-Ctrl-Home now honored in lyric edit control.
13. Fixed: Not reading Audible tags correctly.
14. Changed: Removed "All" items when browsing in Theater View.
15. Changed: Several improvements to the Noire Theater View skin.
16. NEW: New animated Theater View returns -- many performance improvements from previous release.
17. Changed: Once Theater View gets to a "Files" list, pressing Enter will show a menu instead of replacing Playing Now.
18. Changed: When navigating in Theater View, going into a list with only one item will go in to the next level.
19. Fixed: Possible dead-lock with multithreaded skinning.
20. Changed: Reworked how customization is applied to web browser controls to be more reliable.

12.0.78 (9/26/06)

1. Changed: Double-click on the header while in Slim mode returns to Standard View.
2. NEW: Mouse-wheel works to operate the thumbnail size slider.
3. NEW: View header is shown in library views when filtering using the tree.
4. Changed: Tooltips don't show an image when in a thumbnail mode. (since it's redundant)
5. Fixed: When clicking a tree item with no children, it'd scroll down unexpectedly.
6. Changed: For Quicktime video (such as mp4) that is played in DirectShow, we try DirectShow method for thumbnailing before trying Quicktime method.
7. Changed: Time-out for testing whether a file can be played in DirectShow is increased (to avoid unnecessarily hard-killing a DirectShow graph).
8. NEW: Slim skin Mini View has its own window position instead of being a windowshade of the main position.
9. Fixed: Show Start option now honored.
10. Fixed: Action Window pages wouldn't always set the cursor properly. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)
11. NEW: Introduced new video thumbnail generation system -- please test if you have had video thumbnail problems in the past.

12.0.77 (9/25/06)

1. Fixed: Not all library watch folder settings were being saved as library specific.
2. Changed: Added portable device information to the system information dump.
3. Changed: Lyrics field allowable with videos.
4. Fixed: Media Editor could have an error when pasting regions of a file.
5. Fixed: Some QuickTime audio files would incorrectly show as having an internal image causing issues.
6. Fixed: WAV (and other DX playback type files) would be slower than expected.

12.0.76 (9/22/06)

1. NEW: New art in many areas of the program -- splash, about, icons, etc. (still a work in progress)
2. Changed: Video thumbnailing takes shorter time for some video types. Also, a little more error logging for video thumbnailing and importing.
3. Fixed: The "Debug Viewer" link in the logging dialog was broken.
4. NEW: There is now an "email" link on the logging dialog for sending log files.
5. Fixed: Mouse movement could cause come areas of the program to be overly blinky. (introduced a few builds back)
6. NEW: Gapless playback support for iPods added.
7. Changed: Removed 3D Theater View. (to return at a later date)
8. Changed: After resetting the current log file, a message is displayed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.79
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:28:13 pm »

"5. Changed: Menu transparency will not be used if the menu overlaps a hardware accelerated window. (3D visualizations, G-Force, new Theater View, etc.)"
This seems to be working very well.

One thing that always kind of drives me a little nutty is when a program is maximized, if I go to the absolute upper right hand corner it would be nice if a mouse click closed the program. It's looking good though.
Thanks!

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
Re: Media Center 12.0.80
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:21:45 pm »

6. NEW: MP3 (Internet) streams are buffered to allow seeking anywhere as the stream is received.

When playing internet streams that have an MP3 format, the player will buffer ahead some in the beginning, and continue buffering, even when pause is pressed. You can seek to any spot that is already received (though there will be a delay if you seek to the very end because the player needs to buffer ahead for a few seconds).

Live streams get buffered in real time, but streams of existing files can buffer ahead faster than real time.

Please post any comments or problems.

Thanks,
JimN

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:23:43 pm »

16. NEW: New animated Theater View returns -- many performance improvements from previous release.

Thanks Matt, this really makes Theater view great.

Only prob. I see so far, is slow/hanging going to full screen and back.

I guess you see the invisable slash runnig thru items on the display?

17. Changed: Once Theater View gets to a "Files" list, pressing Enter will show a menu instead of replacing Playing Now.

This works for me.

Now if we could figure out a way people wouldnt accidentally clear "playing now" on this level.

Maybe switching "play" and "add" on the context menu would do it?

18. Changed: When navigating in Theater View, going into a list with only one item will go in to the next level

This works out great!

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 05:42:34 pm »

jgreen, notice the return of a native WAV plugin.  We think this will fix your WAV DirectShow filter silliness.  Let us know if you get a chance.  Thanks.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 06:09:21 pm »

Theater View with animations is much better now in terms of CPU load, but I'm still seeing slower response when using Girder4 v's the versions without animation.

Richard

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:34:59 pm »

18. Changed: When navigating in Theater View, going into a list with only one item will go in to the next level.

Love it.  Perfect (and I really hope this pleases everyone else from over on this thread).

20. Changed: Reworked how customization is applied to web browser controls to be more reliable.

If this was meant to address this:

I do too but you can't see the Back and Forward buttons at all when using the Noire Skin.  These should really change to a different color (white-ish like the rest of them for example).

Even pointing at them doesn't highlight them at all, as the other buttons do...

It didn't work.  Same problem with the Back/Forward buttons with Noire.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 06:56:31 pm »

In the theater view if there are no files in a view, the back buttons do not take you back. They just bring up the Add, Play, Cancel popup.
Thanks!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 07:17:34 pm »

Thanks for all the Theater View improvements Matt. Very much appreciated especially the improved handling of "Enter" at the file level.

My only final suggestion is stated here by Griff :-

Now if we could figure out a way people wouldnt accidentally clear "playing now" on this level.

Maybe switching "play" and "add" on the context menu would do it?

Thank again!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 07:42:03 pm »

My only final suggestion is stated here by Griff :-

I feel just the opposite.  Please leave play first.   ;)

As far as the other improvements (bringing back the animation).... All I can say is wow.

Wow.

Great work.  It looks good.  The animation in the background is low-key enough that it's not cheesy.  The button "zoom-in" is super-snappy and I actually really like the new "spinning box" deal.

Most importantly, I am no longer seeing the slowness with Girder (it is a bit slow when first entering Theater View but it calms down quickly).  Sorry, rpalmer... I'm not seeing it anymore.  It's back to basically the speed I had with MC11.1 (and the past few builds have still been slow even with the animation disabled).  With one exception, that is...

(And I actually noticed this with 12.0.78 as well so it's not related to any of the changes with the last two builds.)  The "menu" that comes up when you hit the menu key in Theater View when you have a View Scheme or Child selected (so that I can choose "Show Files" rather than drilling down into the scheme further), as well as the "new" final menu when you get to the actual files... It's not working well at all with Girder.  It seems to be only those menus for me, but their performance is dismal.  I'm experiencing lags of a full 2-3 seconds from hitting the button on my remote until the "cursor" moves up or down (or until "ok" accepts).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 07:54:05 pm »

1. All text in Theater View still looks a bit jaggered.
2. Switching Theater View skins in the options menu and then going into Theater View can cause MC to hang.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jgreen

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 08:28:59 pm »

Matt--

Thank you for thinking of my issue with WAV file handling, but I am sorry to report that I find no improvement in this area for me.  In fact, v.79 and v.80 both failed consistently on the first file queued, and on restart were found to have done nothing, not even convert the file but fail to rename it to reflect the conversion, as previous MC versions had.

As I indicated in my post to JimH, it would not surprise me at all at this point to discover that my Zone Alarm OS firewall (or something) was the triggering mechanism for this behavior.  However, I have enabled MC for every single thing I can find, and as ZA is the best fit for a firewall that I've found, I'm not going to disable it for the sake of WAV files, which I can get converted some other way.

I believe that something on my machine is preventing a call from MC to some other service at the end of the track.  Prior to v.79 and v.80, there was no doubt in my mind (after testing) that it was the "save back to the database" that was being hindered.  Now, I'm at a complete loss.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 08:59:19 pm »

Most importantly, I am no longer seeing the slowness with Girder (it is a bit slow when first entering Theater View but it calms down quickly).  Sorry, rpalmer... I'm not seeing it anymore.  It's back to basically the speed I had with MC11.1 (and the past few builds have still been slow even with the animation disabled). 

It's certainly quicker than it was, but it's still more sluggish than using the keyboard arrows as an example.

How are you controlling MC from Girder?  Are you just sending the UP DOWN etc keyboard keys for the arrow keys?

Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 08:59:42 pm »

Could you provide a screenshot?  We're not sure what this means.  Also, does changing the anti-aliasing setting for font drawing in Windows make a difference?

Thanks.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 09:56:09 pm »

I was trying to test out Theater View, but when I tried to play a song, it crashed MC.  I discovered that this happened even if was in the standard view -- i.e. I CAN'T play a song without MC crashing.  I'll try a reboot and see if it continues, but at this time, this is very consistant behavior.

I definitely don't like this -- it confuses me when navigating because it breaks the "pattern" of searching the lists.  For example, if I'm popping around through my library and select an artist, I expect the next page to show me a list of albums by this artist even if I only have a single album from that artist.  When I instead see a list of songs (since it skips the "album" list due to only having one entry) it's rather jarring and confusing -- it disrupts my thought process and takes me a second to process the fact that I've skipped over the album list and gone directly to songs.  I MUCH prefer to ALWAYS have the lists appear in the same order regardless of whether or not there is only one item in any give list.  I just find it easier to always see the album before seeing the list of songs (the same goes for genres with only one entry.)

How do others feel about this?  To me, navigating feels much less "smooth" when single items lists are skipped.

Thanks,

Larry

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 10:11:47 pm »

My previously reported problem with CPU usage in Display View seems to be fixed in .80. Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 10:31:24 pm »

How do others feel about this?  To me, navigating feels much less "smooth" when single items lists are skipped.

While I can see it from your point of view Larry, when I'm using Theater View my general rule of thumb is less "clicks" == good.  I would certainly agree had this change been made in Standard View, but in this particular instance, I'm for the change.

That said, I'm pretty "meh" on the change as well, and I can see how it would be confusing to some (and especially to a noob, wife/girlfriend, and random friends).

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 10:40:25 pm »

While I can see it from your point of view Larry, when I'm using Theater View my general rule of thumb is less "clicks" == good.  I would certainly agree had this change been made in Standard View, but in this particular instance, I'm for the change.

That said, I'm pretty "meh" on the change as well, and I can see how it would be confusing to some (and especially to a noob, wife/girlfriend, and random friends).

Thanks for the feedback.

It simply breaks my rhythm, and I don't feel that the "one less click" benefit is really much of a benefit.  As I browse through artists and albums, it throws me to suddenely see a list of songs rather than an album.  I find it (for lack of a better word) annoying to have the behavior suddenely change.  For the same reason you wouldn't like it in Standard View, I don't like it in Theater View.

Does one less click really matter?  I find it really easy to bang through Theater View menus, especially when using the option for left/right arrows to navigate through menus.

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 10:43:52 pm »

How are you controlling MC from Girder?  Are you just sending the UP DOWN etc keyboard keys for the arrow keys?

Yes.  However, I do have the arrow keys (and a handful of other keys on my remote) "permanently assigned" to those functions.  Meaning, they're not part of my MC GML on the Girder tree but part of a "General Functions" GML that has no conditionals and is at the top of the tree.

I always want my arrow keys to act like arrows (and the OK key to be enter and the Volume keys to work the volume controls), so not having them "individualized" into the separate GML's works well.  I did also find a while back that removing the Conditionals for those controls (and moving the "General" GML to the top of the tree) improved performance a tiny bit in BeyondTV (and with how craptastic the control response is in it I'll take what I can get).  Perhaps these differences count for something?

Again.  My controls are still somewhat sluggish right at first, but it calms down then (except for the menu thing noted above which is terrible).  It might be a tiny bit slower than the keyboard controls (but we're talking tiny tolerances here) and it's certainly acceptable.  I do still have trouble with Girder when I press the arrow buttons "too fast" and then it acts stupidly slow, but that happens in every application (and I strongly suspect that there's a way to fix it using the repeat settings if I could only figure it out).  I've also only been testing with Theater View in "text" (rather than "thumbnail") mode.  Perhaps that's a different story?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 10:45:35 pm »

Does one less click really matter?

Not much, which is why I'm "meh" on it.  A click is a click, and I like less of them.  Is it a huge deal?  Not at all.  Will I cry if it goes away?  Not at all (but I also just don't mind if it stays).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 10:47:26 pm »

Could you provide a screenshot? 

Here's an example:- http://au.geocities.com/morpheusbach/TV12.png
Compared to how it looks in version 11.1:- http://au.geocities.com/morpheusbach/TV11.png

Hopefully, you can see what I mean especially for letters like "V", "O" and "D".

Also, does changing the anti-aliasing setting for font drawing in Windows make a difference?

How do you do this?

Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 11:01:01 pm »

Thanks raym.  Honestly, both screenshots look jaggy.

To smooth Theater View fonts (and all MC fonts), try changing this:
Desktop > Right-Click > Properties > Appearance > Effects > Smooth screen fonts

Let us know what you find.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 11:13:02 pm »

Thanks Matt. Yeah, on my system, this setting was not enabled. MC fonts look a bit better now. I agree both screen shots show jaggy edges but for some reason, v11 looks less jaggy  :-\
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 11:22:14 pm »

I notice the same thing Raym is talking about.  The screen font smoothing "alters" the look a bit, but it definitely does not fix it.  The pictures above don't really show the problem off as much as what I see on my system (and keep in mind that you need to look at them at their native pixel dimensions or you'll add jaggies do to the size interpolation.)  I don't know how to upload pictures here, but if somebody tells me how I can post some other shots.

When I compare Theater View between MC11 and MC12, the MC11 Theater View characters appear to have finer resolution -- i.e. the letters are smoother and curved edges aren't as "blocky" as they are in MC12.  Whatever is happening, MC11 definitely looks a bit better than MC12 in this regard.

Larry

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 11:31:02 pm »

Yeah I have to agree this doesn't really make much sense (to me, but little does  ;D). I Browsed via Audio, Genre, and it proceeded to jump into the one album that I had listed in the genre and I couldn't even tell what album I was in. I had to guess from the song list that was shown what album it was. While I would suggest going against this just to keep things consistent across the whole program and for clarity of use. If it's something the the powers that be think really saves a lot of time by skipping a single click, I would suggest that the other views do it also, and that in the path shown at the top of the theater view shows the complete path, where in this case would show the missing album name.
Thanks!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 11:34:18 pm »

BUG REPORT:  "Track Info" screens cause crash.

I cannot use any of the "Track Info" displays on the Playing Now.  When I try, MC immediately crashes.  As long as I leave Playing Now set to display"Cover Art," it works.  Note that I'm only using the default screens -- I haven't loaded any new Track Info screens for MC12.

Note also that this is the what was causing the issue with crashing that I posted above.  I installed MC12.0.78 and the problem went away.  I reinstalled 12.0.80 and the problem returned.  This issue showed up in either build .79 or build .80.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 11:47:39 pm »

I Browsed via Audio, Genre, and it proceeded to jump into the one album that I had listed in the genre and I couldn't even tell what album I was in. I had to guess from the song list that was shown what album it was. While I would suggest going against this just to keep things consistent across the whole program and for clarity of use.

I think Josh puts it well when he says "clarity of use."  I had the same reaction he did when I got a list of songs rather than an album when navigating.  I thought that I had accidentally hit the button an extra time.

Also, I get used to a certain number of clicks between certain menus -- i.e. when I'm on an album, I know that a certain number of clicks will move me forward or backward to a specific menu.  If the necessary number of clicks changes depending on whether or not there is only one entry in a list, it throws me off, and I can no longer move quickly through the menus since I don't end up where I expect.

If it's something the the powers that be think really saves a lot of time by skipping a single click, I would suggest that the other views do it also

Don't say THAT!  :-X -- this would make ALL the views confusing.  I think it's much better to make all the views work in the "traditional" way.

Were there actually any complaints about the previous way it worked?  I don't remember anyone mentioning a problem with the single extra "click"?

Thanks,

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 11:51:28 pm »

BUG REPORT:  "Track Info" screens cause crash.

Yep.  Here too.

Oh.... And I think Larry and Josh convinced me.  It is quite confusing and inconsistent, and not really worth the paltry one click saved...

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 12:41:11 am »

I am using an Netgear MP101 in combination with uPnP server.

As off MC12 I get a runtime error when the MP101 tries to connect to the server.

Starting MC again and reconnecting the MP101, and it works.

(by the way > the MP101 seems to react much faster than MC11)
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 12:59:56 am »

Also, I get used to a certain number of clicks between certain menus -- i.e. when I'm on an album, I know that a certain number of clicks will move me forward or backward to a specific menu.

That's a good point too. We get use to certin methods of getting around and as our librarys grow things change. In it's current form we could never have a "stable" path of navigation, in the one place you would really want it, the theater view. That's where the family / friend noobs play  ;D

Don't say THAT!   -- this would make ALL the views confusing
I would really hope not too!  :'(

I sure like the accelerated feel of the theater view though, very nice. I just built my first house and home theater running MC, so I think I will be working a lot more with this now that it's getting some polish to it. Don't really want to go the MS Vista Media Center route if I can get JR Media Center to work out as good without too much duct tape to get things running and stable. Oooo a good times ahead! Thanks JR gang for such a sweeeeeet app
Thanks!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 01:37:53 am »

Cycling thru views (b/w Ctrl-3 and Ctrl-4 for example) will eventually hang MC. Seems to always happen when trying to navigate to Theater View. As I said, it can take a few goes before it hangs.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 01:52:07 am »

I thought this change was neither here nor there for me until I tried navigating an Images view scheme which has the following arrangement:-

Home->Year->Birthdays->Dave's 30th->{Files}

As "Dave's 30th" is the only item under "Birthdays" for the given Year, Theater View now jumps straight from the "Brithdays" level  to "Files". I wasn't sure what was going on at first as I couldn't tell who's birthday snaps were actually being listed.

I generally agree with the others on this change.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 02:03:42 am »

Hi Matt,

a few builds ago (160) , you removed cursor wrapping in Theater View. Eg, when you're at the top of a list in theater view, the up arrow no longer "wraps" taking you to the end of the list.

I know you think this is confusing but I really miss this feature. To get to the end of some of my lists I have to page down many times whereas I used to be able to do it in a single up arrow key press from the top.

Perhaps it could be added as an option to the Theater View behaviours ( along side the "allow naviagtion with left and right arrows" ) ??
Z-Wave Home Automation

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 02:04:51 am »

BUG REPORT:  "Track Info" screens cause crash.

I cannot use any of the "Track Info" displays on the Playing Now.  When I try, MC immediately crashes.  As long as I leave Playing Now set to display"Cover Art," it works.  Note that I'm only using the default screens -- I haven't loaded any new Track Info screens for MC12.

Note also that this is the what was causing the issue with crashing that I posted above.  I installed MC12.0.78 and the problem went away.  I reinstalled 12.0.80 and the problem returned.  This issue showed up in either build .79 or build .80.

Larry

I also think it was 12.0.79 or 12.0.80.  It was working fine for me with 12.0.78.  I upgraded to .80 and had a crash everytime I tried to play anything.  I was using track info 'All I Need'.  Even going to cover art, it would crash everytime so I had to do a complete un-install.  Bummer - had to redo all of my options.  Back up & running now. :)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 03:03:01 am »

I'm getting a crash when I select 'System Info' but only after my 'Handheld devices' have been detected. It's ok if I click straight away.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 04:07:14 am »

The issue seems to be caused by differences in the way each MC version performs anti-aliasing on the text.  I would have thought this would be the same, but it clearly is not.  Here are a couple blowups that show the Theater View text in MC11.1 and MC12.  As you can see, the MC12 version has "blockier" anti-aliasing.  Note that these pictures were enlarged using an exact multiple, so no extra artifacts were added.  The pictures are effectively a "magnification" of what you see in Theater View using a resolution of 1024 x 768 (which is the highest resolution I can output to my NTSC monitor.)

MC11.1 Theater View Text:
http://home.socal.rr.com/lalittle/MC%20Theater%20View%20text%20pics/MC11%20Theater%20View%20blowup%208x6.tif

MC12 Theater View Text:
http://home.socal.rr.com/lalittle/MC%20Theater%20View%20text%20pics/MC12%20Theater%20View%20blowup%208x6.tif

Larry

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 06:14:06 am »

( This new TV view is soo cool, it's exactly what I was looking for MC11 a while back... no it's better! :) )

Bug repport : T.View sometimes don't show up, like in the following screenshot where I selected Teather View from the View Menu.

Nothing draws up exept the small visualisation window (look at the remaining time difference : -4'15'' when I selected T.V. and -4'09 when I hit the Print Screen key).

screenshot : http://mario.bross.free.fr/MCStuffs/forum/12/MC12.TV.jpg

When this occurs, returning to whatever view you want is ok, but without a program restart T.V will not  show up again.

A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

dcwebman

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 07:22:24 am »

12. Fixed: Shift-End, Shift-Ctrl-End, Shift-Home, Shift-Ctrl-Home now honored in lyric edit control.

I wasn't fast enough to get the build before it was pulled but I hope the above was a typo and really should have read:

12. Fixed: Ctrl-End, Shift-Ctrl-End, Ctrl-Home, Shift-Ctrl-Home now honored in lyric edit control.
Jeff

matshif

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2006, 08:09:06 am »

lalittle, I have this problem in .80:

"Note also that this is the what was causing the issue with crashing that I posted above.  I installed MC12.0.78 and the problem went away.  I reinstalled 12.0.80 and the problem returned.  This issue showed up in either build .79 or build .80".

But not in version .79

Media Center Registered 12.0.79 -- C:\Program\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3179 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 649 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 09:19:43 am »

a few builds ago (160) , you removed cursor wrapping in Theater View. Eg, when you're at the top of a list in theater view, the up arrow no longer "wraps" taking you to the end of the list.

I agree.  I have lots of super-long lists of "Child Items" and this has made navigating more difficult.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2006, 10:17:39 am »

I wasn't fast enough to get the build before it was pulled but I hope the above was a typo and really should have read:

12. Fixed: Ctrl-End, Shift-Ctrl-End, Ctrl-Home, Shift-Ctrl-Home now honored in lyric edit control.

what you said

pank2002

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 03:42:21 pm »

It seems as if the [ymd]-field can't be used  ?
It is used for podcasts, but I can't seem to use it for renaming my digital pictures. Is that correct?
I want to store my images in a folder [YYYY-MM-DD]. The month-field pull the name of the month rather than the number of the month; the filename friendly date includes time. It seems that [ymd] would be prefect... Is there some way to have MC show the month as a number?
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2006, 03:55:40 pm »

I have a Direct TV Huges DVR80 with the Zipper hacks applied to enable the Tivo HMO features. Since switching to 12.7x-80 I get this runtime error when browsing from the Tivo.

I had enabled the logging on my desktop, but had not done so on my media server yet, so I will post the log when it occurs again. The Tivo, can still see Media Center, and the Audio & Picture servers,  but when I browse into Audio, it hangs at the please wait screen. i can back out and go into the photo server and browse all the photos still. I don't think it was happening on 12.0.53 version I was using before. I know it was not happening at all on 11.1.x.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up