INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yahoo Music DRM Problem  (Read 2031 times)

br1dge

• Recent member
Yahoo Music DRM Problem
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:22:27 pm »

I have been using Yahoo music subscription services for 2 years with no problem. My sub recently expired, and I just now have renewed it. When I try to play a "protected song" I get an error about unable to acquire the license to "protected content." I grudgingly download the yahoo music player, to test to see if the files would play. They did with no problem.  As I was writing this post, I tried again to re-create the exact error message to post, and it all of a sudden starting working again in JR Media Center.  During PD, i tried "restoring" my DRM licenses with no luck. I also downloaded a MS Windows DRM patch, again no luck. 

Any ideas as to why after playing just one song in the Yahoo music player JR MC all of sudden works (for all subscribed songs?" Its almost like we had to prime the pump. I suspect it is a flake in the DRM logic.  Opinions/ideas welcome.  Thanks, Jeff

Media Center Registered 11.1.196 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2982 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1038 MB, Free - 571 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Yahoo Music DRM Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:51:01 pm »

The good news is that you have it working now, even after letting the subscription expire.  I've wondered what would happen if you renew after the expiration date. 

As far as your problem, my guess is that when you used Yahoo Music Player, the program managed to update the licenses even though MC didn't.  Then when you when back to MC the licenses were good.  I've seen the suggestion that if you're having license problems, that you should try to download a song and see if that helps.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Yahoo Music DRM Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:57:13 am »

Its almost like we had to prime the pump.

I think that is how it works, and Yahoo's player updated the license

The Yahoo player may update the license every time you log on or on a monthly bases.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up