INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to add Panes to Playlist views?  (Read 1367 times)

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Any way to add Panes to Playlist views?
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:14:56 pm »

MC 11.1.200
I searched but did not find: is there a way to add the Panes view to Playlist views?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any way to add Panes to Playlist views?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:19:18 am »

no, but you can go the other way around if you like, and add a playlist to a 'panes view' (otherwise known as a 'view scheme')

there are several approaches you could take, the simplest way is to right click on 'Audio' in your tree and select 'Add View Scheme'

For this view scheme, step 4 is the all important one. click on the little arrow in the left end of the field and choose playlists. tick your playlist, and click OK.
Set the other steps as you see fit, and finally, click OK.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 05:51:07 am »

I've thought about this in the past, but what happens when you do it as marko put it, is that you will see playlists broken down in terms of whatever panes were selected.

The only way i can see to create what the Parent poster asked for is to create a playlist group (which contains your playlists) and then add this goup under Playlist in the panes selection for the first pane.

Then you will see a list of all playlists indicated in the first column and then whatever breakdown in terms of panes you have chosen after.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:28:38 am »

I've thought about this in the past, but what happens when you do it as marko put it, is that you will see playlists broken down in terms of whatever panes were selected.
Which is how I interpreted markeau's question. He's viewing a playlist, and is asking if it's possible to add panes to that view.

I guess either way, all bases should be covered now.
I use playlist groups in panes for a few viewschemes, such as my duplicates manager, and recently imported view schemes, but I'm not a great fan of the system for browsing as I find it often slows things down.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:47:13 am »

... but I'm not a great fan of the system for browsing as I find it often slows things down.
i've put off viewing playlists in this way for that very reason, the way MC  (seems to work) currently is to get all items in the playlist group  and then display in the panes rather than on a demand-only basis.

I was never satisifed with the way MC manages playlists, and went with either smartlists or album names in a viewscheme. If you have very few playlists, i guess its workable but less so if the list gets very large.
Pages: [1]   Go Up