INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problem  (Read 2153 times)

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Cover art problem
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:51:34 am »

After updating to MC12, the software arbitraily assigned
cover art to several of my songs.  It picked the same cover art and attached it to a lot of songs that had cover art already in the file.

One of the things that you should add when updating is ask the downloader automatically, which directory are your songs in and which directory are your cover art in, only then synch everything up.

Now its going to take me quite sometime to correct all the bad loaded cover art.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art problem
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 10:57:23 am »

If you have a lot of songs in one directory and only one jpg (folder.jpg, for example), that will get used for the cover art.  Try moving some songs into another folder to see what happens.

If your cover art is in a single directory, check MC's settings.  Tools/Options/File Locations.  If that's the case, you can change the location there, and then select a few files and right click to get "Quick Find...".

There are links to cover art topics in the FAQ on the MC11 board.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 11:04:53 am »

Did you let MC convert MC11 data?  If not, try that.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 03:56:18 pm »

Did you let MC convert MC11 data?  If not, try that.

I'm unclear what you mean by this.  Are you talking about installing MC12 "over" MC11, or simply importing an MC11 library?

Thanks,

Larry

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 04:14:19 pm »

I'm unclear what you mean by this.  Are you talking about installing MC12 "over" MC11, or simply importing an MC11 library?

Thanks,

Larry

Don't install 12 over 11, just import 11's library into 12. 12's library takes a different form so 11's data has to be converted into 12's format.

In 11, do file>>library>>backup library. Then in 12 do file>>library>>restore library.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 06:49:33 pm »

When I initially installed MC12 at my work PC, it asked to delete MC11, should I continue to do that at my home
PC.  Then install 12, then do a restore?

Thanks for the help.

Skylar

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 06:52:08 pm »

You don't need to uninstall MC11.1.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 08:26:09 pm »

I'm a little confused.  It says above, don't apply MC12 over MC11.  Should I say 'NO' when it asks to uninstall MC11 when install MC12.?

Thanks, Skylar

modelmaker

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:34:07 am »

If you want to keep MC11 installed along with MC12, then choose "no". MC12 will be installed next to MC11 in the JRiver folder if you choose Express install. Choose "Custom" if you want to put MC12 elsewhere.

I have MC10, 11 & 12 installed.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 04:47:58 am »

If you want to keep MC11 installed along with MC12, then choose "no". MC12 will be installed next to MC11 in the JRiver folder if you choose Express install. Choose "Custom" if you want to put MC12 elsewhere.

I have MC10, 11 & 12 installed.

Just to be absolutely 100% clear on this, is there ANY reason to uninstall MC11.1 before installing MC12, or do they function COMPLETELY independantly of each other?  The only "issue" I can think of is that you'd have to deactivate the file associations from MC11 and activate these associations in MC12 instead.  Is there anything I'm not thinking of?

Once MC12 is on the system, I take it that MC11 can be uninstalled without effecting MC12 at all, correct?

I just like to be totally clear about this sort of thing since not all programs work the same way in this regard.

Thanks again,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 05:55:42 am »

Just don't use them simultaneously. Then it should be safe for your MC11.1 & MC12 libraries and for the media files.

However, I am not sure which program handles the explorer extensions. It would be better if the programs had separate extensions. Also, some older plugins may cause trouble.

AFAIK, uninstalling MC11.1 should have no negative effect to MC12, but I have not tried it yet.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 04:09:08 pm »

How do I send a snapshot of an error I'm getting with my cover art.  It is arbitrarily attaching the same cover art to several song.

Skylar
Pages: [1]   Go Up