INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ANN] Official JRiver last.fm/audioscrobbler plugin Beta 4  (Read 41108 times)

Bluesman

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [ANN] Official JRiver last.fm/audioscrobbler plugin Beta 4
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2007, 10:34:55 pm »

Excuse my ignorance, but...... I want to try out this lastfm thing, I have registered on their site, I'm using MC 11, what software do I need? Do I download the 3mb download on the lastfm site or just the Rhinobanga one? And if the latter, what is the appropriate link?
Thanks for your help
Is there any other music besides Blues?

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2007, 06:43:52 am »

Excuse my ignorance, but...... I want to try out this lastfm thing, I have registered on their site, I'm using MC 11, what software do I need? Do I download the 3mb download on the lastfm site or just the Rhinobanga one? And if the latter, what is the appropriate link?
Thanks for your help

Hey Bluesman. If I were you I'd go for, in order:

1) Rhino's plugin
2) The "ye olde school" JRiver plugin from the bottom of the last.fm downloads page
3) Last.fm's software thingy, from the top of their downloads page

Edit: The last.fm downloads page being http://www.last.fm/tools/downloads/

Edit: Oh, and Rhino's can be found at http://www.jdnet.co.uk/jriver/as_beta.zip

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2007, 07:04:18 am »

Can the plugin handle login/passwords that include extended ascii chars? I'm getting "Response: BADAUTH", though I'm sure the l/p I've entered are correct. My password contains an "æ" though, and I'm guessing that this is the issue. Perhaps the conversion to the scrambled/encrypted password in the .ini is where the problem occurs, or later when the scrambled pass in the .ini is de-scrambled/decrypted back to the original pass.

Whatever the case, I can't log onto the servers due to bad authentication.

Hmmm ... no idea.   In theory it should be OK as I treat the string as a set of unsigned char's which will preserve the full 8-bit set.   I'm back from France now so when I settle back to normality (probably this weekend) I'll check into it.

Bluesman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2007, 07:14:30 am »

Thanks, So I only need one of those three? Or do I need last fm's software as well?
thanks.

Hey Bluesman. If I were you I'd go for, in order:

1) Rhino's plugin
2) The "ye olde school" JRiver plugin from the bottom of the last.fm downloads page
3) Last.fm's software thingy, from the top of their downloads page

Edit: The last.fm downloads page being http://www.last.fm/tools/downloads/

Edit: Oh, and Rhino's can be found at http://www.jdnet.co.uk/jriver/as_beta.zip
Is there any other music besides Blues?

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2007, 08:34:38 am »

No, last.fm's software isn't necessary.

221bBS

« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2007, 11:37:30 am »

The zip file I downloaded from http://www.jdnet.co.uk/jriver/as_beta.zip seems to be corrupt ?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2007, 01:00:23 am »

The zip file I downloaded from http://www.jdnet.co.uk/jriver/as_beta.zip seems to be corrupt ?
is fine for me. if you're using a download manager, try again without it. I found that people using internet download manager to download playingnow skins often received corrupted files, but were fine if they bypassed the manager and downloaded directly. Perhaps related to the small size of the target files, I'm not sure.

-marko.

221bBS

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2007, 09:35:18 pm »

is fine for me. if you're using a download manager, try again without it. I found that people using internet download manager to download playingnow skins often received corrupted files, but were fine if they bypassed the manager and downloaded directly. Perhaps related to the small size of the target files, I'm not sure.

-marko.

Nope, I'm not using a download manager. And I've tried using 3 different zip softwares and all says it's damaged/corrupt  ?

I found a way to fix it. I deleted the Temporary Internet Files and redownloaded it  ;D

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2007, 08:19:59 am »

any chance for progress of this plugin?
outofspace

221bBS

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2007, 12:37:09 pm »

I was wondering what the current version of the software is? I am using 1.0.0.3 but I have read something about a beta 5 being out (1.0.0.5?).

If this is the current version there seems to be something wrong with the "Reattempt failed submissions" option. Every time I exit and restart MC12 the option is deselected and the settings.INI file does not mention it being turned on. When I do select the option the plugin never seems to resubmit when it fails the 1st time.

One more thing...I can't seem to get the "advanced filter" to work. I can get it to either submit everything or nothing. Could you give me an example of how it should look?

Paus

• Recent member
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2007, 03:36:59 pm »

If this is the current version there seems to be something wrong with the "Reattempt failed submissions" option. Every time I exit and restart MC12 the option is deselected and the settings.INI file does not mention it being turned on. When I do select the option the plugin never seems to resubmit when it fails the 1st time.

I'm having the same problem.

Paus

• Recent member
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2007, 03:42:34 pm »

I just installed MC12 to test this issue, and the problem remains. Tracks not in the library are filtered out. What I don't understand is, how did you do it with the PlaingNow plugin that I used before? AFAIK, that plugin submitted all files, whether they were in the library or not.

i just installed the latest MC 12 on my new laptop and the last.fm plugin, but this problem appearently still exists. :( None of my plays are recorded, becuase they are not in my library. This is a bothersome limitation, don't you think?

lOth

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2007, 04:22:47 pm »

same here, using MC 12.0.272. Very annoying.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2007, 05:49:29 pm »

Is that what it is....I've got an advanced filter but noticed that at some point it has stoped submitting tracks...Anyone got it working again?
Thanks
Nathan

EDIT - I've just upgraded to V272 and it is not working (am using 1.0.0.3)
JRiver CEO Elect

221bBS

« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2007, 06:44:09 pm »

Ladt.fm is having some problems with the site.

Last.fm System Status

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR ALL

Please do not start new threads about anything marked as being offline or broke below. It won't make it get fixed any faster.

All available information is here. "When it'll be fixed" will never be answered as there are too many variables, so please don't ask. Even giving estimated times is more hassle than it's worth. Just wait, and it'll be fixed "as soon as possible".

If an issues affects you "but it's not affecting someone else", it's still an issue as long as it's listed here. Not all issues will affect everyone the same. Please don't start threads about this, and no, we don't need to know if you're in the affected group.

Submissions Server

Also, There are still some minor problems with MBID submission not working, and certain users are still experiencing problems with recent tracks/tracks played updates. This will be fixed soon.

Charts

ONLINE. Weekly charts for the week beginning 3rd June may not include all your submissions until they are regenerated later in the week.

Neighbours Generation

Tracks Played Counters

Last.fm Streaming Service

Official AudioScrobbler IRC - irc://irc.audioscrobbler.com/audioscrobbler

Server: irc.audioscrobbler.com
Room: #audioscrobbler

For me, The plugin works fine as long as all submissions are accepted. It's the resubmit failed submissions and the advance filters I'm havinf problems with.

LonWar

« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2007, 10:14:42 pm »

same here, using MC 12.0.272. Very annoying.

Yep!!... Would be nice if this would stick.
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2007, 04:15:07 am »

Here's the latest changelog:

//   1.0.0.4
//      !      Fixed issue where reattempt flag was not being saved
//      -      Added ~da to the beginning of the filename qualifier, so filter now becomes ~d=a filename=...
//      -      Plugin now only works under MC12

The code was sent to JRiver on the 31st of January for integration within MC.   I haven't heard anything since.

I'll drop Matt an email to see what he says.

Bob007

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2007, 12:36:54 pm »

The code was sent to JRiver on the 31st of January for integration within MC.   I haven't heard anything since.

I'll drop Matt an email to see what he says.

Any word, Mr. Rhino?

With the recent flakiness of the LastFM servers, really could do with the "resubmit failed submissions" option sticking.  Sorry for hassling.

craft

« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2007, 05:18:29 pm »

Been tryin to download BETA 4, but the link in the first post is BETA 3 (v1.0.0.3). Are there any mirrors for BETA 4?  :P

221bBS

« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2007, 05:37:33 pm »

Been tryin to download BETA 4, but the link in the first post is BETA 3 (v1.0.0.3). Are there any mirrors for BETA 4?  :P

I think beta 4 was suppose to be inside MC 12 but for some reason they haven't integrated the plugin into the software yet

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2007, 02:38:39 am »

I think beta 4 was suppose to be inside MC 12 but for some reason they haven't integrated the plugin into the software yet

Correct.   In my email to Matt and JimH I pointed them to this thread but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2007, 07:33:28 am »

We're thinking.  Sorry to be slow, Rhino.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2007, 08:02:13 am »

Maybe they are "Thinking" of hosting there own site like last.fm.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JDizzy

• Recent member
Lst.fm crashes?
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2007, 08:12:12 am »

Is there any documentation for this?

I DL'ed the .mjr file off of last.fm and also the AS file from here...installed them both and when I fired up Media Center and played a song, it would crash Media Center within 20 seconds of songplay.
I have been a registered member of last.fm for ages (I was accessing through Mediaportal) and am running v11 of Media Center. This module did ask for User ID and Password first time it fired up.

I have since uninstalled both modules above which has stopped the crashes.

Hmmm....

221bBS

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2007, 08:38:18 am »

Pretty sure that using both plug-ins is what's causing the crashes. Just install the one from the beginning of this post.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2007, 10:02:37 am »

I believe the one on their site still crashes if you're not logged in.

Crash during playback using Audioscrobbler
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24029;start=0
or
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24040;start=0
or
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=31995.0

Running both at the same time would probably also be a problem.

See RhinoBanga's Audioscrobbler plug-in on the Third Party Board.  It works, but I'm not sure it works with MC11.

JDizzy

• Recent member
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2007, 06:13:38 pm »

Thanks, I reinstalled the audioscrobbler off of the Last.fm site and it is working (as far as I can see my recent songs played when viewing my account on their website)....

Now, second question:

In Mediaportal we had the option of playing the Last.fm playlist, etc through it. Is there a way of doing this through Media Center?
(if not, then what is the use of sending preferences to audioscrobbler?)

It would be GREAT to be able to stream the music from my account at Last.fm through Media Center using the Theater View.... YEAH!

Using the Last.fm site, I find lots of music that I usually would not listen to. I have bought many CDs and singles through ITunes from listening to the Suggestions and Neighbor stations... a great service (IMHO)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2007, 03:25:10 am »

I will be releasing a new beta (v1.0.0.5) in the next day or so.   Stay tuned ...

221bBS

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2007, 06:56:19 am »

SWEET  ;D

EpF

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2007, 02:35:26 pm »

In the filter, how should we handle field names with spaces in them, such as [Media Type]?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2007, 05:01:31 pm »

In the filter, how should we handle field names with spaces in them, such as [Media Type]?

I don't know tbh, I presume you would specify it the same way as you would specify it in the search box within MC.

If anyone is interested here's the current changelog:

Code: [Select]
// ! If a track submission failed with BADAUTH we did not add it to the resubmission queue (if enabled)
// - By default the plugin does not start when MC starts, you have to enable this mode in the options screen (a J River request)
// - Implemented new XML parser which supports unicode
// - Now only supply unicode version of plugin
// - Queue and replacements information now saved as XML
// - Added display of last.fm response from submission to Gui log
// + Added more support for the INTERVAL command
// + Added option to submit any queued tracks immediately when the plugin starts, this is the default

So if anyone wants any small changes get them in quick before I release this version tomorrow.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2007, 08:04:32 pm »

I've always wished there was some way to exclude certain tracks from being scrobbled--such as excluding all tracks of a certain genre.  I often play children's music for my young daughter, and am constantly finding them in my Last.fm profile, which isn't good!

There is!  Try adding somthing like this under the Advanced Tab "-g=[Home Videos],[TV Series],[Movies]".  I use the plug in to update LastFM with Music Video tracks (have added *.mpg etc to the file list) then this expression to exclude my non Music Video genres.  Just change the bits between the [ ]  to be the genres you want to exlcude.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2007, 09:51:27 pm »

RhinoBanga's the man on the plug in but I'll have a stab at answering your Q's:
1) I assume the plug-in follows the STD MC Smartlist/Search rules you can read at
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Smartlist_and_Search_-_Rules_and_Modifiers
(according to the table, Genre can be represented by "genre" or "g"). 
2) The plug will submit all tracks by default that match the criteria in the "Advanced tab"
3) The "Advanced Filter" tab would then let you filter the list to explicitly include/exclude items.  The syntax seems to be just leave a space between expressions.

So you could just try adding behind the expressions you already have in the "Advanced Filter" tab: " -g=[Country],[Children]"

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

221bBS

« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2007, 10:55:26 pm »

I've never had any luck with the advance filter. I could make it either submit all the tracks or none at all ?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2007, 02:04:56 am »

OK, great, if it works, but how do I know what format to use?  "-g" for "genre"?  I thought it would be "-genre" or "-[genre]" or...I have no idea, because this is extremely unintuitive.

Doesn't the dialog say at the bottom "Read the "Smartlist and Search - Rules and Modifiers" section in the MC documentation for an explanation on the supported syntax." ?

And how do I add a line, as I already have a line in place?  (When I hit Enter, the dialog closes, rather than bringing me to a new line.)  I suppose I could type it in a text editor then copy/paste.

But again, how do I know what format to use? 

You can't because it makes no sense.   Just like the MC search box it's only a single line of text but I have extended my edit box so you can see more of the text than you can in MC.

I simply want to include all tracks with the genre "Hard Rock" or "Rock", and exclude "Country" and "Children".

Post what you have and we'll check it out.   Alternatively get your criteria working in MC then use that in the dialog.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:02 am »

I have just released beta 5.   Please try that version and if you still have issues post a message there.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41838.0

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up