INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE/Cue issues  (Read 2196 times)

JONCAT

APE/Cue issues
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:15:58 pm »

I have a ton of ape/cue files that are not working in MC12 but do in MC11. MC12 encounters errors and none of the tag changes are showing up; in MC11 everything is kosher.

MC11 was importing the source .ape file as well as breaking it up into tracks with the cue sheet, so I tagged these cued .apes (e.g. 1 ape per cd) and had MC11 exclude them from View Schemes. This worked great to exlcude the extraneous .ape files. MC12 appears to behave differently.

All the tracks, on each cd, have the same duration; that of the entire cd. Each track seems to mimic the entire CD even though they are tagged correctly in terms of track numbering. The Name field now reads the disk location.

Any CDs that still have tags made in MC11 now have all tracks both unplayable, and durations which are all the same (length of CD).

The same CDs show up again as Unassigned and will have the cue ape (no track #) and all the tracks listed below that. Only the cue ape is playable.

I am getting lost here, my point is that I am seeing all kinds of different tackling of cue files by MC12 it is very confusing, none of it working exactly right:

I have 10 CDs ape/cue that are not even imported by MC12 which work perfectly in MC11. I can post one of these on my site if needed.

v/r
DC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: APE/Cue issues
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 02:35:13 pm »

Cue may be broken in the most recent build.  Alex B reported this.

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 02:38:53 pm »

Okay, sorry bout that. Good to hear you guys are on it.

v/r
DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 02:57:49 pm »

The latest build was supposed to fix cue import problems, but I suppose something was forgotten because cue playback is completely broken now (if the files are new).

If you want to experiment with my sample cue & mpl files and cue track based sample library the files are still available in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36003.0

As you may know MC cannot write anything back to cue files. All added or changed info is kept only in the library. If you check the contents of my sample mpl file you can see that it contains complete library data. An MPL playlist export/import is the only way to transfer cue tracks' field information from one library to another.

It would be good if someone would try the exact same files and report.

For now, you can restore an MC11.1 library and play the previously imported cue tracks normally.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 07:51:00 pm »

I haven't tried your MPL files yet nor do I know how do this for my own but i will read the thread.

My MC12 install used the MC11 library on my PC and now, none of my cue files work, and the tags are not reflecting all the edits I made in MC11. In MC11 everything is fine, and as I said above ape/cue appears really broken in MC12.

According to the last sentence in your last post, MC12 should work fine with old  mpl files when loading an MC11 library; old ape/cue in MC12 are broken.

thanks
DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 06:08:27 am »

nor do I know how do this for my own but i will read the thread.

- unzip the test files to C:\Cue & MPL Test\ (the folder path is included in the first zip file)
- configure a new library to some temporary location and restore my MC11.1 library backup file.

After that you should have the previously imported cue tracks fully tagged in MC12 and you should be able to play them.

Make another new library for testing the cue and mpl files directly in MC12. Restore the "empty MC12 library" backup from the second zip file first (this creates only the custom library fields and view schemes). After that try the cue & mpl files by importing or dragging them to Playing Now.

According to the last sentence in your last post, MC12 should work fine with old  mpl files when loading an MC11 library; old ape/cue in MC12 are broken.

Hmm... This works for me if the tracks were already imported in MC11.1. It should not matter if MC11.1 created the library tracks by reading a CUE or an MPL file. Technically the tracks are identical after importing. The only difference should be in the library field data since MPL can import all fields.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 08:30:05 am »

Maybe I should post one of my cue/ape files on my site. Maybe it is x64 related, I don't know. As I said cue/ape that works in MC11 is completely broken in MC12. I'll try to post some screens later today.

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 08:53:29 am »

It is already obvious that the cue import and playback are broken. I posted some screenshots in the bug thread.

You could post a backup file of a small test MC11.1 library if you cannot play cue tracks in MC12 after restoring this MC11.1 library backup file.

I.e. Import a cue file to a new library in MC11.1. Make a library backup file. Restore this backup file in MC12 and try if you can play the tracks. If not, post a link to that MC11.1 library backup zip.

I could try it. The ape and cue files are not necessary. I can use some other ape file as an audio source file.

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 07:25:12 pm »

Okay, I tried your suggestion. It worked. Why it didn't work when MC12 was installed and used the MC11 library is beyond me. The only problem is I edited 300GBs of video tags in MC12 and these tags aren't saved to the files. So when I started a new MC12 library from the ape/cue MC11 library and try to rebuild, it's great, but all my  video lacks the tags. Any way to fix this?

There is no reason MC12 should not be able to import my cue/ape albums if they worked in MC11. They are imported incorrectly in MC12; each track is represented but each track is the entire cue file. I can't rely on my old MC11 library at this point nor should I have to.

v/r
DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up