INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Tagging Question  (Read 1185 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Quick Tagging Question
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:02:06 pm »

When I select a bunch of files (lets say 500 or so) and changes the tags. It says 'Saving tag changes (xx remaining)'.

MJ allows me to continue my work and select a new bunch of files to change, even selecting those same files again and change the tags again while its not done saving changes.

I tried figuring it out and sometimes it looks like it adds the new changes to the current list, but then again when I see (for example) 100 remaining and I add another 100 I don't see 200 remaining.

Wo can tell me for sure how this works and what I should keep in mind?

Thx again for the help.
Ingemar.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Quick Tagging Question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:33:35 am »

Allegedly, MC will track and complete all requested tasks.

A rule I work to is to always allow one batch of changes to complete before I start another. It doesn't inconvenience me in any way and feels safer.

If you are using rename from properties to move the actual file from one location to another, you absolutely must allow the job to complete before making any other changes to those files
This is because MC updates the file location in the database immediately, then sets about moving the files. If you are moving 500 files, and decide to change the artist tag on the 500th file before MC has moved it, MC will look for it in the new location, but it won't be there yet.

this might have changed recently, I don't know. It caused me a big headache a while back, despite being assured that no matter what I did, MC would take care of it, and after putting this rule into my workflow, I've never run into any problems with tagging or file operations, and as it's no hassle, I see no reason to change the habit :)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Quick Tagging Question
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 09:57:08 am »

I hear you about renaming. Sounds fair.

And from what I can see it does indeed combine the two jobs and finishes them both.

MC's neat ain't it?  :P hehe ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up