INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.98  (Read 6995 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.98
« on: October 20, 2006, 04:30:13 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120098.exe

History

12.0.98 (10/19/06)

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))
2. Fixed: Download Action Window looked crowded towards the bottom.
3. Changed: Checkbox has replaced [HHDevice] in the HH Cache options.  Default behavior is to reset the cache rule and enable the checkbox.
4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.

12.0.97 (10/19/06)

1. Fixed: Animation controls didn't have skin colored backgrounds.
2. Fixed: Videos not playing on Sony PSP.
3. Changed: Tuned how image playback handles preserving vs discarding zoom when changing size.
4. NEW: Holding "Shift" while switching images will preserve the scroll and zoom settings from the previous image. (nice for pixel-peeping)
5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks. (consistent through a run, but change each run)
6. Changed: When in a stacks view, sorting "Default" will sort exactly like the panes for that grouping. (instead of sorting by name)
7. Optimized: Stack views can be faster to load or refresh when "Default" sorting is used.
8. Changed: When adding multiple library fields in Options > Library, the tree won't collapse in between additions.
9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
10. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" dialog better fits translated text.

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
2. Changed: Handheld cache is now placed in a "JRHHCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
3. Changed: RAW Image cache is now placed in a "JRImgCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
4. NEW: Handheld cache option to set max cache size.  (This is pruned to the max size AFTER transfer.)
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
6. Changed: When using the FormatDate(...) expression, FormatDate([Date, 0], Year) can be rewritten FormatDate(Year). (this will also make the expression faster)
7. Changed: When using "Tagging Mode" in the panes, other panes are no longer updated when checking or unchecking a box. (updating is too slow for complex views -- click refresh button at top of view to refresh all panes)
8. Changed: Thumbnails could show "Play" and "Tag" links even if the mouse was over the toolbar.
9. Changed: Tooltips are more multi-monitor aware, just like popup menus.
10. Changed: Podcasting no longer rejects Podcast Feeds that exceed 1 MB. (cap is now 4 MB)
11. Changed: Image captions no longer use "Unknown Camera", etc. for blank fields.
12. Changed: Closing a Tag page like people, places, etc. while it had the focus would leave the mouse wheel inoperable until someplace was clicked.
13. Changed: Revised how interface plugins should attach to the Media Center SDK in their Init(...) function. (hopefully transparent change -- let us know if any plugins start having problems)
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.

12.0.95 (10/17/06)

1. Changed: Expansion state of playlist groups is preserved even after collapsing the playlists root.
2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.
3. Changed: View header buttons use similar widths when possible.
4. NEW: Added an "Eject" button to the top of an iPod or removable disk view.
5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
6. Changed: The "Sort" menu selection works nicer for smartlists. ("Default" leaves ordered smartlists, but other choices use view setting instead of smartlist order)
7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.
8. Changed: Sequence column is wider by default so it holds sequence numbers into the thousands without overflowing.
9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
10. Changed: The column list available from the "Columns" menu matches the list in "Customize Current View".
11. Changed: Any time the image player window is resized, it zooms so the whole image fits. (instead of only doing this if the image wasn't manually zoomed or scrolled)

12.0.94 (10/16/06)

1. Fixed: Remote Server was not included in Options > Startup.
2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.
3. Fixed: The last action menu item at the top of a right-click menu wasn't working properly for Playlists.
4. Changed: The confirmation message box that is displayed when Media Scheduler tries to start recording TV while TV engine is already running will self-destruct in 10 seconds in case the user has left it running unattended.
5. Changed: Double-clicking on "Playlists" in the tree for playback would not properly honor Access Control.
6. Changed: The "Play" link on a thumbnail honors the double-click setting to "replace one file" so it won't use the full list.
7. Fixed: RAW files should return correct tag information.
8. New: Added a "Rule" to the HH Cache.  Default is [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album].
9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.
10. Fixed: Library specific library import options were not being honored. (so Otto wouldn't see external changes)
11. Fixed: Library backups could cause a hang in some cases.
12. Fixed: Some MP3 based radio streams fail to open.
13. Changed: Media Center does a better job of not allowing the start menu to show over the top of a fullscreen mode.
14. Changed: Installer no longer recommends uninstalling other versions of Media Center.
15. Changed: Installer will no longer allow Media Center 12 to be installed into a folder with a previous version MC installed. (if you did this, uninstall all versions, reboot, and reinstall v12)
16. Optimized: Loading views with panes is faster.
17. Optimized: Improved performance of player window redraws.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.98
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:32:45 pm »

To enjoy the Video Web Media entries, you'll need DirectShow filters for Flash Video playback. (flv)

[Edits by JimH -- Please see this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36564.0 for instructions.

A comments thread on this subject is here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36565.0 ]

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:38:22 pm »

4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.

Thanks...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:54:36 pm »

- CUE track playback is still broken:
Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

This is probably caused by the wrong filename extension that MC creates.
The extension appears as .cue;1 instead of .mp3;1, .ape;1, .ogg;1 etc.

- Right-click import in Playing Now does not work with CUE files.

- When MC builds a thumbnail for a video file it does not use the linked cover art file (or screen capture file). The image file must be manually relinked.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:26:20 pm »

The SmallIcons.png file has the same icon for the imported and unimported documents.

The "unimported document" icon should be yellow. A fixed file is here:

SmallIcons.png

The file contains also my suggestion of the slightly darker yellow note icon that matches better with the other "unimported" icons.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 07:45:36 pm »

Mouse pointer is not auto-hiding when you toggle out of Display View and into Theater View.

You need to click somewhere in Theater View to make it auto-hide.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 09:24:36 pm »

Just synced my ipod G4 with about 350 songs of new rating data, and the data was not transferred to MC at all.  Also MC seemed to think none of the songs used to sync were on there and took about 2 hours to sync everything where normally it's like 20 minutes.

Where did things go wrong?  I almost always download the latest beta, so I guess this type of thing should be expected?  I just want to make sure whatever I do, this won't happen again.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 12:03:28 am »

Bug:  MC12 is not displaying art embedded in Audible files.

With MC12, Audible files WITH embedded art are still not displaying it (even though MC says the art is "inside file.")  On top of this, NONE of the Audible files I've downloaded since using MC12 say that the art is "inside file" anymore.  The only aa files that say that the art is "inside file" are files that were downloaded with MC11.  MC11, by the way, was displaying art for all of my recent Audible downloads.

This is definitely an MC12 bug.

Thanks for looking into this,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 12:07:45 am »

Art and thumbnails do not display for mp4 or log files on a Media Server client even after erasing and re-building thumbnails.

Also, log files don't even OPEN over Media Server when accessing them in the library.  They only open when navigating to them via "drives and devices."

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 12:37:18 am »

I think the "Status" column of the iPod upload "details" screen needs to be just a tad wider by default.  As it's uploading, the "%" gets cut off and replaced with "..." some of the time.  It seems like it should be wide enough by default such that you never see the "..."

Thanks,

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 09:25:07 am »

Web media change comments were moved here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36565.0

matshif

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 09:54:06 am »

Can't play CD or DVD in Theater View. MC hangs and doesn't answer.

No problem to play in Drives & Devices.

I noticed this for the first time in build .93

I'm the only one who got this problem?

dcwebman

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 10:23:21 am »

I imported some new songs that don't have cover art yet. The "Image (small thumbnail)" column showed the same thing as the "Image (small icon)" column. The small thumbnail should be blank just like the "Image (large thumbnail)" is since there is no cover art.

Ctrl+A in Lyrics editing window should select all text.
Jeff

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 12:04:49 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36501.msg249093#msg249093

The changes announced for .97 still deliver wrong results for file renaming operations.

The field [Artist] is still converted to [Interpret]. The renaming operation still delivers results like
"03 - [Interpret] - Triumph.mp3"

The horrible thing is that my more complex folder rules deliver very strange results. MC tries to translate every appearance of "known words". This results in translated folders as well! :o

An example: I have a folder "Complete Albums" and "Incomplete Albums". They are in english. When running MC in german and applying a rule which uses these folders they are also translated! In my opinion, that should never happen! I always must consider not to use a term for folders that might be known by MC.

Isn't it possible not to apply any translation for rules?

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 12:07:42 pm »

Inconsistent Menu "Add" and "Add to Playing Now"

When I right click items in the panes the choice is "Add".

When I right click in the track detail area the menu choice is "Add to Playing Now"

I think it should be "Add to Playing Now" in both location.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 03:43:38 pm »

Sometimes, while tagging in place (Tree view - Folder - tag in filelist), the balloon tooltip will popup blocking your view of the tag you have clicked to edit.

EDIT: Also while tagging in filelists, when you use a command such as Rename Files From Properties;
if you click on MC (such as to edit another file) during the save operation, when the dialog pops up to ask whether to remove the empty folders,
MC does not respond to the mouse-click until you first click on the desktop or Windows Taskbar, after which the color of the dialog buttons restores and they are once again responsive.
(This has been a long-standing condition, since prior to MC12)

When MC freezes and is forced shut using Task Manager, the process remains visible in Task Manager's Process window. MC cannot be restarted while this is running requiring a reboot to again run MC.
This seems to occur at times when closing MC normally (just ocurred on my other machine)
. . . the game is rigged

pank2002

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 04:10:21 am »

I have set up MC to play flv files according to JimH's directions. However, when I try to play back a file MC always causes a Windows error, and Windows prompt me to shut it down (with or without sending Microsoft an error report).

Also, on Google Video I am not able to download videos. On YouTube there is no problem. 
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 07:57:48 am »

When MC freezes and is forced shut using Task Manager, the process remains visible in Task Manager's Process window. MC cannot be restarted while this is running requiring a reboot to again run MC.
This seems to occur at times when closing MC normally (just ocurred on my other machine)

I can confirm this. Has happened since early MC12 builds.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 08:01:33 am »

I can confirm this. Has happened since early MC12 builds.
Are you running any third party plug-ins.  NetRemote, Audioscrobbler, G-Force, etc.

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 09:21:04 am »

Just a little un'

Trying to rename my Ipod or any other device,  the edit box that pops up is not tall enough to display the text properly.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 11:11:32 am »

Just to remind you,
Re: Media Center 12.0.78  « Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006»

"Build missing thumbnails" is supposed to be a background task now. It may not steal all CPU power, but the "Please wait..." window steals focus. A single mouse click can make its way through, but for example accessing MC's menus is impossible.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 12:16:46 pm »

Are you running any third party plug-ins.  NetRemote, Audioscrobbler, G-Force, etc.
Nope, at the first sign of any trouble which I cannot reconcile, plugins get uninstalled.
You've got us well trained.  ;)
. . . the game is rigged

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 06:42:59 pm »

New Library Server problem with Images.

I can browse panels and see thumbnails fine, but anytime I launch a playlist or play a group of images, the client MC crashes.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 09:06:47 pm »

Some major refresh issues in the panes when in tagging mode. The panes scramble and become unreadable for me.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 09:13:21 pm »

Tagging bug:

When tagging in the AW, if the mouse cursor remains in a field that contains a value, that value populates the same field in another file that is clicked in the pane.

For example, I edited the composer of "The Tender Trap" for the Oscar Peterson file, left the cursor sitting in the composer field and immediately clicked on the Ray Charles / Betty Carter file of "You and I."

The composer for the later song became James Van Heusen.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 10:36:57 am »

I got a big problem now

When Using MP3Encoder The Whole Screen Goes Black

When Done With 1 File It Flashes And Goes Black Again
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 11:40:38 am »

I got a big problem now

When Using MP3Encoder The Whole Screen Goes Black

When Done With 1 File It Flashes And Goes Black Again

Ripping or converting?  I've ripped ~100 tracks with 12.0.98 using the MP3 encoder and have no problems.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 12:34:31 pm »

Converting.

Not sure why it is doing this.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 01:42:12 pm »

Converting.

Not sure why it is doing this.

I can't reproduce this.  Anyone else?

Are you converting a format that could use a (bad) DirectShow filter for decoding?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 02:43:59 pm »

I can't reproduce this.  Anyone else?

Are you converting a format that could use a (bad) DirectShow filter for decoding?

I will reboot later tonight when I Can, Maybe a windows problem then.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 02:59:26 pm »

I did Notice Something Today I Created A Field Called "Book&Writer"

When It Is Showen On The List Header it Is Shown As "BookWriter"
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up