INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and different user accounts  (Read 1634 times)

helpme

MC and different user accounts
« on: October 26, 2006, 10:38:09 pm »

First off, Great product!

I have MC running with a library of around 20,000 tracks and use the Upnp server to run a number of MP101 players round the house.

My questions relate to using the same MC library under different user accounts. I have a specific "MC" user set up to run MC in startup so the MP101 players are always served.

I also have my kids with their own accounts on the same machine.

I am the only user on the machine with administrator rights.

Although all accounts use the same MC library it seems that I (as administrator) am the only one that can make changes that stick.

If I rip a CD or create a playlist under any of the other users that change will be gone next time anybody logs on.

I think this also applies to updates to play statistics. So the stats from the MP101 players never make it back into the permanant database.

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or is there a better way to set up MC usage ?

Thanks,
Stephen Brown

helpme

Re: MC and different user accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 05:46:22 pm »

Any ideas anyone ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 09:25:17 am »

Check that the other users have write permissions on the Library Database location.  It's likely that they somehow have read-only permissions and so the changes aren't sticking.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

helpme

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 06:42:51 pm »

Check that the other users have write permissions on the Library Database location.  It's likely that they somehow have read-only permissions and so the changes aren't sticking.

Thanks,

XP simple sharing was complicating things. It had always looked like the other users could all read and write to the directory. (and I was ready to respond with this info)

However when I turned off simple sharing and allocated full rights to the directory to all users the problem disappeared.

Thanks again

Stephen
Pages: [1]   Go Up