INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some missing options and minor flaws  (Read 1453 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Some missing options and minor flaws
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:26:21 pm »

Fist of all. Thank you for making so many, good changes to the theatre view and about everywhere else  :)
But there are still some missing details and flaws I hope you could consider correcting and adding.

1. Half star rating have been an option in at least one other aplication for a while. I need it badly. And I think there are more than me. Not as convenient to use numbers for tagging or to take a glance at the number rating.

2. Option of using stars on custom fields. Preferably user created images too.

3. The area of the Playing now etc. shrinks when you scroll. Scroll up and the bottom part is not used, scroll down and the upper part is not used. Look at pic 1 for an example.

4. The scrolling speed it self are a bit high. Hard to read. Would be good with, at least a posibility of adjusting it.

5. Option for using artist images instead of different covers for each artist. "Ablum.jpg" etc placed under each artist folder or album folder.

6. Space are used to play all selected (in theater view). That's a good thing. But it's not logical to play anything when you have selected "Change View", "Controls", "Display View" etc. It's easy to mistake the space for enter. Espesialy for other users when using a remote.

7. "Find CD" & "Artist Info" pops up when hitting Playing now. That's a bit unnesessary and irritating imo. Should at least be an option to hide them. That goes for other things as well. Like "Start, Drives & Devices, Services & Plugins. And yes, I know you can hide the whole window.

That's it. No, wait.....

8. Thank's alot for a phenomenal application! Keep on the good work!

Picture 1
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Some missing options and minor flaws
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:12:18 pm »

7. "Find CD" & "Artist Info" pops up when hitting Playing now. That's a bit unnesessary and irritating imo. Should at least be an option to hide them. That goes for other things as well. Like "Start, Drives & Devices, Services & Plugins. And yes, I know you can hide the whole window.
You Can: Tools -> Options -> General -> Advanced -> Features -> Artist Info/Find CD/Start...

Some things I'd like to see:
1. Backspace to stop making view go back - really irritating when using the What I'm Listening To Plugin!
2. Automatically fill properties from file name when importing.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:35:08 pm »

i think it would make sence, when you make a playlist based on fullalbums, it would also give full albums in theaterview.

and that new ´blurred´ look, i love it especially in theaterview.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 04:46:27 pm »

and one other thing, when i go to playing now in theaterview i get the first song that is in the list, not the one that is playing. could be something on my system, did not look into that.

oh, and a shortcut for rotating images would be nice, or an mcc command.  ;)

and a shortcut (and/or mcc command) for detaching the display, nice for people who use two monitors and theaterview  (and a remote).

but yeah, great programm and that blurred stuff gave it style.  8)

ah, and i think this list style looks a bit dumb in the toolbar.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 05:56:51 am »

You Can: Tools -> Options -> General -> Advanced -> Features -> Artist Info/Find CD/Start...
Aaaah. Great! Thanks for the hint.

Some things I'd like to see:
1. Backspace to stop making view go back - really irritating when using the What I'm Listening To Plugin!
As for the backspace. I think that would be a problem for other users. I like to use it for going backwards in the menyes/views.
Never understood the use of "What I'm Listening to" anyway. Who the hell cares?  ?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 07:33:55 am »

Never understood the use of "What I'm Listening to" anyway. Who the hell cares?  ?
Some people think the same about having 10 different ratings  ;)
Eba there's another plugin called "PlayingNow" which is more comprahensive than
"What I'm listening to"
Have a look in the Third Party and Plugins area, theres some recent posts
on where to get it and what it does.  It also works with Windows Live Messenger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up