INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent new features (Direct pane editing)  (Read 1224 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Recent new features (Direct pane editing)
« on: November 22, 2006, 09:56:55 am »

A couple of things kind of slipped me by at first,

1. I really like the new "flags" tick boxes when creating or editing new tag fields. This works with how i think about tags and their usage/visibility.

2. And I like the fact that you can edit a pane just by clicking on its title. It might be nice if the pane titles had a hover state (slightly darker or something) so that people would know this is possible.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Recent new features (Direct pane editing)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:10:59 pm »

I'm really really liking how easy it is to edit viewshemes now that it can be done just by clicking on a pane header. This is so convenient.

I saw this requested elsewhere and would just like to chip in and add my vote:

When you click on "add new pane to the left/right", it would be nice if you the "set to standard view item" box would automatically open. There's no need to show an empty pane and make this a 2 step process.

Also, it's be nice if there were a "move left/right" option for existing panes.

Finally, I know that nobody else liked the little drop down arrows, but I think that they were better than nothing at all. Perhaps it could be right justified and greyed out until hovered over so that it would hardly be noticable until you want to use it/ get curious about it's purpose. This would help people find the feature.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:22 am »

Finally, I know that nobody else liked the little drop down arrows, but I think that they were better than nothing at all. Perhaps it could be right justified and greyed out until hovered over so that it would hardly be noticable until you want to use it/ get curious about it's purpose. This would help people find the feature.
I agree. I never saw a problem with the arrows. It's the same as arrow by the Panes word letting you know there's a menu underneath.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 11:39:15 am »

When you click on "add new pane to the left/right", it would be nice if you the "set to standard view item" box would automatically open. There's no need to show an empty pane and make this a 2 step process.

Except there are two main types of panes.

Maybe configuration for the two types should be combined on one dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 02:08:03 am »

I like the new combined window for setting pane properties. Functionally it is much better than the way before. It looks a bit... barren though. Could do with a facelift.

Also, was that a "no" to having a hover state on the headers, so that people would know that they're clickable?
Pages: [1]   Go Up