INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.122  (Read 3518 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.122
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:40:10 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120122.exe

12.0.122 (11/30/06)

1. NEW: Video conversion is supported for handheld transfers. (currently only supports conversion to WMV) (experimental -- may not remain)
2. Fixed: Switching TV channels sometimes would unload and reload TV engine.
3. Fixed: Auto-import wasn't reconciling the disk and database at program startup. (introduced in 121)
4. Changed: Revised Theater View rubber-banding of list items to snap items to their final location so there won't be a final shift of one pixel a few seconds later.
5. Fixed: Scrollbar in Tag > Format page wouldn't always work.
6. Changed: Darkened disabled menu color text of Noire skin.
7. NEW: Combobox look-n-feel is completely determined by the skin instead of using Windows borders. (please report any droplist / combobox strageness)
8. Changed: Added more combobox skin items for background, arrow sizing, etc. (see Noire for an example)
9. NEW: Tab controls support over text color and selected text color for skinning. (see Noire for an example)
10. NEW: An HTML Gallery Generator has been added to "send to."  (Sad little template exists under "DATA\HTML Gallery."  More work to be done on the template.)  Upload to be added.

12.0.121 (11/29/06)

1. NEW: Recent right-click commands and send to commands are remembered between sessions.
2. NEW: Theater View sizing and layout better accounts for varying aspect ratios. (widescreen, etc.)
3. Changed: In video and DVD player unconnected filters are removed from filter graph to avoid complications.
4. Fixed: Canceling a transcoding data burn was not working correctly.
5. Fixed: Disc capacity for transcoded data burns was still not calculated correctly in some cases.
6. Changed: Recent Playing Now playlists show in the tree immediately instead of after a view refresh.
7. Optimized: Improved tree building / refresh speed.
8. Changed: Navigation tree did not support Page Up / Page Down keys.
9. Fixed: Scrolling in the tree while renaming an item didn't cancel the edit.
10. Fixed: In certain cases, image playback could start with the last image instead of the first image in a list.
11. Changed: List skinning supports "HotSelectedText" color.
12. Changed: Scrollbar skinning supports 4 states for the scrollbar background.
13. Fixed: Clicking on the player area while in display view would steal the focus from the display, making keyboard shortcuts stop working.
14. NEW: URL filetypes are determined by the mime-type provided by the server. (NOTE: the usage of ~~~stream~~~.mp3, etc. is now obsolete -- only enter the URL in the Open URL dialog)
15. Fixed: In rare cases, switching skins while playing music could cause a crash.
16. Fixed: Previously scheduled events wouldn't run until the "Scheduler" was visited once in the tree.
17. Changed: Album analyzer works better when dealing with multi-disc sets. (where the disc number is set)
18. Changed: Added "track change" notification to the automation event mechanism.
19. Changed: Updated height, width, and dimensions to also be available for video files.

12.0.120 (11/27/06)

1. NEW: JRSS surround sound processing is optional when converting 2 channel audio to 4 or 5.1 channel audio.
2. NEW: Subwoofer cutoff frequency is customizable when converting 2 channel audio to 5.1 sound.
3. NEW: Equalizer works with 4 channel, 5.1 channel, etc. audio sources.
4. NEW: Equalizer equalizes each channel in a separate thread (improves performance on HT and multi-core machines)
5. NEW: DSP "Effects" works with 4, 5.1, etc. channel sources. (unlike equalizer, effects only apply to main left and right channels)
6. Fixed: If "update from cd database" was selected for a CD and no matches were found or user canceled, existing tag values were still getting wiped out.
7. Fixed: Playing a flv video directly from YouTube or Google Video would not work unless the user has previously played a local flv file.
8. Fixed: The selected 3D visualization could revert to "Picture Terrain" in some cases.
9. Fixed: Temporarily disabled writing out IPTC headers to prevent problems when loading jpeg files in PhotoShop.

12.0.119 (11/22/06)

1. Fixed: Playing files with internal art could stack images in the temporary folder until the program was closed.
2. Fixed: Adding a large number of files to a data disk burn would freeze MC for an extended time.
3. Fixed: Folder renaming for a data disk burn wasn't working correctly.
4. NEW: When emailing log files (Help > Logging...), both logs are placed in a single zip file.
5. Fixed: "Burn Disc" start page didn't have a border on the Data Disc name field, making it hard to read.
6. Fixed: "Burn Disc" start page would be too tall in data mode.
7. Fixed: In some Action Window pages, controls could draw with black backgrounds in certain cases.
8. Changed: In a new library, "Camera" is a default search field.
9. NEW: During image playback, the next and previous image are preloaded in a background thread for near-instant image switching.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.122
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:02:20 pm »

I keep posting this. Seems like a simple thing to fix but I could be wrong. Until I'm told otherwise, here we go again....

Theater View Lists

2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.

Where there are no thumbs to show, no image is displayed next to the list text at all. For consistency, could the NoThumb.png image be used please - just like everywhere else.

Theater View Search

1. It's not possible to right-arrow from the backspace button
2. Or down arrow from 7 or 8
3. Or down arrow from the last row of letters to the top and visa-versa (ie, list wrapping as is the case with other lists).

Thankyou.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 05:10:58 pm »

7. NEW: Combobox look-n-feel is completely determined by the skin instead of using Windows borders. (please report any droplist / combobox strageness)

I feel like I'm taking two steps back for everyone step forward at the moment!
I'm avidly skinning, trying to finish Intention skin, and you guys are avidly
adding more things to skin!  :)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:11:55 pm »

This may or may not be the correct place for this request, but when, if ever, is "Theater View > Playing Now" going to show the the length of time of each track playing and the elapsed time of the current track playing?

I know this has been requested before, but never implemented. Pretty please. :'(
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 06:17:31 pm »

4. Changed: Revised Theater View rubber-banding of list items to snap items to their final location so there won't be a final shift of one pixel a few seconds later.

Thanks!  I tried this on the system I'm on right now, and it DID fix it here.  I won't have a chance to try it on the system where the twitching was REALLY bad for a little while, but I have high hopes that this will take care of it there as well since it appeared to be a more dramatic example of the same issue.  I'll post back when I try it on that system.

Thanks again for pursuing this,

Larry

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:25:34 pm »

This may or may not be the correct place for this request, but when, if ever, is "Theater View > Playing Now" going to show the the length of time of each track playing and the elapsed time of the current track playing?

I know this has been requested before, but never implemented. Pretty please. :'(

I'd like add a cherry on top.  I never used Theater view much before v12.  You guys sure have done a great job enhancing it.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 08:46:52 pm »

No this isn't really the right place but to answer your question, viz studio is a useful tool to help give you what you're asking for. Here's a couple of vizualisations I've created as an example. Just install the mjv's to a new vis folder under your MC install location. Eg, ....Program Files\JRiver\Media Center 12\Visualizations\Vis Studio\Custom\. Right-click in playing now to select the viz.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 02:42:29 am »

--------
GUI interaction (Noire skin)
Action window and dialogue buttons have no 'mouse down' state, so they don't appear to respond when clicked upon. (Try the rename from props tool)
--------
Search input fields
ctrl + a is not working in any of the search\pick files to show boxes.
(I'm going to drop this one after today, [home] followed by [shift]+[end] does the job, but obviously, ctrl+a would be easier.)
--------
3D Visualizations
"picture show" and "picture cube" 3D vizualisations are not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.
When not using the 3D display options, right click > Set Display > 3D vizualisations > preset. No matter which preset is clicked on, the display starts with the preset used the last time the 3D vizualisations were used.
--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, the tag window has broken in the following way:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. Close the image display. It won't open again.
The tag window allows a field to go into 'edit' mode when it's clicked on, but the enter, escape and tab keys do not work.
Close the tag window, and I find I cannot open it again.
If I then play some images, MC jumps to display view, and there's no mouse, no interface, and no right click menu. Ctrl + 1 got me back to standard view.
Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's more often than not, not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
please, please, please can we have access to the editor in other places that accept expressions too? Discusion
--------
burning\reading\working with data DVDs
MC is taking an unacceptable ammount of time to compile a DVD's worth of image files ready for burning. Discussed here.
I posted comments on the fixes just before Thanksgiving. The improvements are massive, and greatly appreciated. Thank you John.
--------
Split view focus problem:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
This is cropping up in more and more places now....
Intermittantly, the splits will switch focus after clicking OK in MC's options dialogue.
using ctrl+Q, hitting enter, more often than not causes the focus to switch away to the other split.
I've got it so far 100% reproduceable by loading a smartlist in the active split, the smartlist contains a playlist exclusion, and I click that and choose edit with wizard. I add an extra playlist to the exclusion and click OK, and when MC refreshes the list to reflect the change, it also swaps the splits focus. (Discuss?)
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared. I'm guessing that this is because the tick in the AW is not committed untill either the selection changes, or the AW is closed, and tagging in the pane before one of those events causes a refresh, which clears the selected tag in the AW. I'm just training myself not to do this, but, it has to be said, finding that little close button in the AW is a definate speed bump in the workflow when trying to fly through some quick tagging tasks.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
photos on an ipod 5G v1.1.2 set to convert to 640 x 480 on transfer
Hokay, sussed this one. Photos appear to sort by filename on the ipod, which for the most part, keeps them nicely chronologically ordered, but, if the album contains photos taken across an entire day, for some reason, it moves all photos taken in the morning to the end of the slideshow, so, why does it do that, and is there anything us users can do to exercise control over this? (Discuss?)
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

Marty3d

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 02:54:45 am »

IF MC is running, right-clicking on a folder in Explorer > Play, adds the audio files to PN but starts playing some tracks below, so if you don't change play order or restart from the top, those songs aren't played.

Marty3d

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 03:32:36 am »

Old one reappearing:

When importing manually, MC now imports the thumbs.db file again

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 07:04:17 am »

Choosing File -> Open URL and entering a streaming web radio address (http://kjzz.org:8080/livestream/connect_high.pls for example) results in the URL being sent to the default web browser. MC will not play the stream. None that I have tried work. Winamp plays them just fine.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 09:07:28 am »

...only for me that MC12 stop responding ?  ?

have never happend before version 12,

it happens when i change views (sometimes) so i cant reproduce it..it just happens  :'(

MT5FR

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 01:13:37 pm »

I confirm the behaviour of the Library Tool "Fill Properties from Filenames" as described in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37389.0 from bytestar.
This function does not work when any other language then english is set.
When I type [Interpret] as rule nothing happens.
When I type [Artist] as filename rule it works as expected.

Thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37411.0

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 03:49:19 pm »

I am running 12.119 and just put a new wireless mouse (HP PP034AA) and the scroll wheel doesn't work with Media Center.  My old wired mouse worked fine - and the new HP mouse works with every program I have tried except Media Center.  Any ideas? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 04:07:38 pm »

I am running 12.119 and just put a new wireless mouse (HP PP034AA) and the scroll wheel doesn't work with Media Center.  My old wired mouse worked fine - and the new HP mouse works with every program I have tried except Media Center.  Any ideas? 

Try disabling the mouse software.

MC responds to the Windows standard mouse wheel messages.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up