INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto image tagging  (Read 1168 times)

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto image tagging
« on: December 21, 2006, 02:40:24 am »

I'd like to see a couple of improvements to the auto image tagging. We generally use XP file manager to take photos off the camera and it has a naming convention of "YYYY-MM-DD, description". I managed to use the "Fill Properties from Filename" feature to get the date in and the description into the "Event" field in MC... which is great. It means I can filter on "Christmas" for example and see all the years... I can use the slice and dice on my photos without having to tag each one by hand!

So I'd like to see...

a) MC acquire process similar to XP's (and Photoshop's) whereby it auto creates a folder with today's date + description and puts new images in there. Photoshop also has the option of using the photo's date but it doesn't allow a description which is annoying

b) Auto fill from filename after acquire, after image import and auto-import too. Then I don't have to worry about doing it by hand each time. You almost need different import profiles, because obviously you don't want to auto fill music from filename in the same way

Would anyone else find this useful...? I guess these are big changes, but maybe a halfway house would be to do (a) and have it auto-tag as an option too. That would cover me 90% of the time. At the moment I don't use MC to acquire images because it doesn't create them in the folders I want.

Cheers, Alfie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up