INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compilations on Ipods  (Read 1349 times)

Girovski

Compilations on Ipods
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:25:43 pm »

Hi,

JRiver great program except for one major flaw. It doesn't appear to recognise the Itunes 'Compilations' Tag. For me this makes the whole JRiver software subservient to the darker Itunes. Now I know Itunes is pretty basic and this is the very reason for programs like JRiver in the first place but come on guys, finish the job. Nobody wants to find hundreds and hundreds of irrelevant artists in the Artist grouping as it just makes this section unusable (I'm talking about the Ipod after a sync, here, of course).

One of the greatest things about the Ipod (at least the 80GB version anyway) is the many different ways you can locate a track or choose an unusual type of music.

For those who have never used one the 'Compilations On' option hides all those one off artists that only ever appear on compilation albums and then makes a really nice folder that allows you to access them from there. It's great for party albums, classical albums and all sorts of other types (not genres) as it keeps them together without "polluting" the 'Artist' grouping.

Perhaps I've missed something, but as far as I can tell the new Compilations Functionality within the program appears only to remain there.

OK well thanks for listening, If you have any great ideas then let me know.

Sadly until then despite it's many misgivings and shortcomings Itunes is the only sync program for me (bah!)

[using MC12]

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Compilations on Ipods
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:40:42 pm »

Compilations work fine in MC12 and my ipod 60GB.  That is why I gave up itunes for good.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 08:55:06 pm »

[using MC12]

You don't say what version of MC12 you are using.  Compilation support was first added in 12.0.116.  Are you on this or a later version?  If so, compilations should work fine.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37143.0

If you are on version 12.0.116 or later, see the attached link.  It explains how MC12 handles compilations.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35116.msg253937#msg253937

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:05:05 am »

I don't remember the first version that I used but I am now on 12.0.130 and it works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up