INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make MP3 Copies in a specified location…  (Read 3326 times)

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
How to make MP3 Copies in a specified location…
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:09:18 pm »

I am new to the Portable MP3 player scene and could not find this info, if this has already been discussed please point me to the post.

I have a LG Chocolate phone that seems to only play MP3 and my entire library is .APE, so my question is how to make a play list to download to my phone without messing up the .APE files.  IOW, I want to make a play list then convert to MP3 but I don’t want the original files messed up nor do I want these MP3 files in the library.

Can anyone help?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to make MP3 Copies in a specified location…
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:19:30 pm »

MC can convert as the files are transferred.  Check the options under handhelds.

MC12 has more capabilities and can keep a cache of converted files so they don't need to be converted again when you sync next time.

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:54:01 pm »

I cant make this work no matter what I try.  I keep getting errors after they are converted, every file is an error!  I'm using MP3 at 192KB/s and I cant even get 50 songs to synch up on a 1 GB blank card, keeps telling me I'm over the limit and every time I delete files and resynch the deleted files come back and it says I even more over the limit.  Of course none of this matters since I cant get one file converted sucessfully and transfered to the SD card.

I've tried everything I can think of.

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:57:53 pm »

Now I'm getting "LAME.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" after about 10 error songs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:01:47 pm »

Under options, File Locations, what do you have set for a temp file location?  MC defaults to:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\My Music\Temp\

Maybe you have it set to a drive that's full?

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 06:40:37 pm »

Part of the problem is that I can’t make it put the songs in the appropriate directory on the SD card, it makes its own directory and subdirectories that my player wont recognize.  How can I force the transferred songs to go to the proper directory and not make subdirectories for Artist, Album and so on?

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 12:42:17 pm »

Just for posterity sake I thought I would post my findings after much work with these problems.  It seems that the device can only be recognized if I restart MC11 and then plug in my MP3 player.  Once it is recognized all works as designed as long as I don’t load more then about 10 songs.  If I load too many songs then I am at exactly the same point with the same problem as explained in my other thread regarding the “Audio Analyze” problem. IOW, it will shut down the computer the exact same way and reboot in the middle of the process as if something in MC11 was triggered or malfunctioned due to such a strenuous task.

I have done all I can to prove that it is not my computer, there is no heating up of the CPU and no abnormal behavior and this problem existed from the beginning of a new rebuild with new hard drives and no other taxing or peripheral programs loaded or Installed.

This is defiantly an issue with MC11 alone and is not attached to any other program or hardware that I can find, and I have gone through great duress to locate the problem and the problem is completely and solely that of MC11 from what I can tell.  Any difficult or taxing task in MC11 causes a major error and the computer shuts down, nothing else I have will do this and I have pegged the CPU and heat far more then MC11 does so it must be a software glitch of some kind.

Please someone help, I’m about to give up on MC11 and buy another program!
 :'(

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 07:26:25 am »

Please someone help, I’m about to give up on MC11 and buy another program!
Sorry I can't help with the issue because the only time I synced with MC 11 to my smartphone, I had no problems at all. If you're ready to buy another program though, how about just trying MC 12 which has better support for portables?
Jeff

modelmaker

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 02:24:49 pm »

Yeah, try the 30-day free trial of MC12 and see if it works better, (a lot of portable upgrades).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:52:51 pm »

I dont think I should have to pay for a fix, MC11 should be able to convert and transfer without crashing.

Guess Im just funny that way.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 01:38:36 pm »

I have a LG Chocolate phone

I don't remember if anyone said or that they have tested the LG Chocolate phone to see if it works with MC.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 01:46:01 pm »

kingdaddy,

You may want to try the virtual handheld option. In MC11.1 you can configure a HD folder as a virtual handheld. You have full MP3 conversion and subfolder naming options. Conversion to a HD folder should be fast and reliable.

After you have converted the files you can use Windows Explorer (or another suitable tool) for copying the files to the SD card.

You can actually use this virtual handheld as a cache so that you don't need to reconvert the same files all the time.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up