INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Vision M (Play For Sure) device support in MC  (Read 1574 times)

apnakon

• Recent member
Creative Vision M (Play For Sure) device support in MC
« on: January 10, 2007, 02:18:20 am »

Hi All,

This post is a kind of continuation from my earlier one re. getting Album Art on a Creative Vision M (Play for sure) device.

I have been doing some experimenting and I think there are some bugs / problems with Media Center when using the Vision M (a Play for sure device).

Last night I tried some simple maintenance work - simply deleting some artists and re-positioning some albums.  Even though it reported it had deleted albums from the Vision M, Media Center actually had not done so.  In addition, it had taken a long time (around 90 seconds) to remove 1 album of 5 songs. 

Continuing on, I shut down Media Center and tried out the latest Microsoft Media Player 11.  It had no such issues, and to my surprise, the albums I transferred had their album art on the Vision M!  :)  I also did a delete test, and it took no more than 10 seconds.

Interesting... .

So my question now is - are there general issues with Media Center and Play for sure devices (such as the Vision M)?
Or do I need to configure something?  My sincere hope is that it's a configuration issue of some sort.

I hope that I can get this all sorted out.  I would very much like to stay with Media Center (I think that it's a great piece of software), but if I can't get the Vision M issues resolved I will have little choice but to move back to Windows Media Player.

Many Thanks,

Adrian.

apnakon

• Recent member
Re: Creative Vision M (Play For Sure) device support in MC
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

Dear JRiver,

I posted this question around 2 weeks ago but still have not received a reply.

I understand that you must be busy with your new release, but I would very much
appreciate a reply on this issue.

I enjoy using Media Center and hope the problems I'm having can be easily fixed.

Many Thanks,

Adrian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Creative Vision M (Play For Sure) device support in MC
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:05 pm »

MC supports Plays for Sure devices.  Please make sure you have the latest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up