INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Untaggable Files and Autoimport  (Read 800 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Untaggable Files and Autoimport
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:49:39 pm »

Twice in the last two weeks Auto import has deleted thousands of video files from the library because the usb drive was connected to my computer (and it's drive letter visible), but for some reason unreadable (a problem with that drive I assume).

It is too painful to keep retagging video files again and again, so I have removed all video folders from the watch folders list. I will create an "New media" folder for new stuff as I used to, and keep a watch on that.

I'm wondering what the solution around the corner is? What do other people think is the most realistic solution in the future? Sidecar files that are named the same as the media file and contain all of the tag data? Longer memory in Media Center, so that anything deleted within X days gets reimported with the old data if it's found again? Some truly "Taggable" video container will take over the world within the next year?

I hope that something happens, because I think that more and more people are going to be accessing the same media from more than one library in the future, and currently there is no way to get that media's tag info (without using elaborate directory and file naming structures, or cloning libraries and working from there).
Pages: [1]   Go Up