INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensing problems, MC11  (Read 3886 times)

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
Licensing problems, MC11
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:30:34 pm »

So right now I have MC11 on my main PC and I am trying to install another license on the laptop - which I presume is allowed? I have moved around my machines quite a lot - moving to a new main machine, going to Mac Boot Camp, then Parallels, then moving back to 'real' computers again - and I was down to 5 restores. So I'm trying to install the license from the Internet, and when I select that option IE launches, and when I put in the license number it tells me that the download has been blocked at the top bar of IE. I allow it, it apparently downloads the file, the goes back to asking me how I want to restore the license. I went back to Media Center and I found it was still unlicensed, so I went back to license it and the same result. Anyway, after this process I realised that the number of restores was actually being docked by one each time. I'm now down to 2 and I'm afraid to try it anymore.

What am I doing wrong? And if/once it's solved can I also have my lost restores back?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Licensing problems, MC11
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:55:05 pm »

and I am trying to install another license on the laptop - which I presume is allowed?

Yes, It is

What am I doing wrong?

This may be an issue with your IE security settings...

When you go to restore next time, save the restore file to disk so you do not continue to use up restores.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ncklump

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:55:37 pm »

Very interesting! I experienced the same problem with the same results. At this point, I have not been able to resolve the problem and sit with only one restore left. I guess I'll have to find another product.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 06:18:48 pm »

Yes, It is

This may be an issue with your IE security settings...

When you go to restore next time, save the restore file to disk so you do not continue to use up restores.

I don't get the option to do so. As far as I can remember when I click on Allow install, something appears for a second and it takes me to the license confirmation page, and then MC flashes up the how do you want to restore box again.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 06:33:08 pm »

Look Under

Tools > Internet Options > Security

What Level Is It Set To?

Also Under The Advanced Tab Some Of The Security Options In There May Also Effect Programs when they are trying to register, and or install.

Other Security Programs, Anti-Spam, And Anti-SpyWare And Pop-Up Blockers Also Sometimes Create A Problem Not Only For Media Center But For Other Installing Programs Too.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 06:36:54 pm »

Very interesting! I experienced the same problem with the same results. At this point, I have not been able to resolve the problem and sit with only one restore left. I guess I'll have to find another product.

What Is Interesting Is Out Of Your 3 Posts Thru The Last 3+ Years, Not One Of Them Requested Any Help And Or Stated You Had A Problem.

General / Media Center 11 / Re: Media Center 9.0.95 beta  on: January 12, 2003, 04:59:24 PM  The CD Labeler doesn't  recognize "any" file format, thus it is inoperable in this build.

General / Media Center 11 / Handheld Upload Problem with Media Center 9.0.101  on: January 24, 2003, 02:12:48 PM  Media Center 9.0.101crashes when I attempt to upload files to my DIVA Handheld. ?

Fayetteville, NC, USA

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:41:14 am »

Look Under

Tools > Internet Options > Security

What Level Is It Set To?

Also Under The Advanced Tab Some Of The Security Options In There May Also Effect Programs when they are trying to register, and or install.

Other Security Programs, Anti-Spam, And Anti-SpyWare And Pop-Up Blockers Also Sometimes Create A Problem Not Only For Media Center But For Other Installing Programs Too.

Security is medium-high. I've not had any other problems installing tools / programs onto this machine.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 03:43:58 pm »

Maybe someone has more imput, i am out of ideas.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 04:32:52 pm »

Look for multiple instances of Internet Explorer. One of them should have a "Thank you for your purchase" page with a license code.
Right click on the license code, and choose save-as. That might help.

j

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 02:26:17 pm »

Don't you guys also email the restore file out to the address on file every time you use one up?  Every time I use a restore, I get it emailed to me in addition to the web site.  I wonder if it's a pop-up blocker thing...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bob620

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 06:29:57 pm »

I am having the same problems.  I was using MC11.  I had purchased it and had received an acknowledgement email, giving me my registration code.  Now I go in to use the program and it says my trial period has ended.  I should not have had a trial period, since I paid $40 for the program.  Then I started the restore process.  As of now, I have used all my restores and I still can't get into the program.  I just downloaded MC12 so I could burn a CD, but I would like to have MC 11 back (with all my wasted restores).  Can anyone help me get MC11 back running again?   ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 07:49:53 pm »

Don't you guys also email the restore file out to the address on file every time you use one up?

I think so, the last time i used one The restore system also sent one As an attachment.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:58 pm »

I am having the same problems.  I was using MC11.  I had purchased it and had received an acknowledgement email, giving me my registration code.  Now I go in to use the program and it says my trial period has ended.  I should not have had a trial period, since I paid $40 for the program.  Then I started the restore process.  As of now, I have used all my restores and I still can't get into the program.  I just downloaded MC12 so I could burn a CD, but I would like to have MC 11 back (with all my wasted restores).  Can anyone help me get MC11 back running again?   ?

I've cleared your restores, but we need more info on how the restore process isn't working for you.

Thanks,

j

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 09:43:59 am »

You may want to also check this walkthrough I wrote up yesterday: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38694.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 08:40:20 pm »

All righty. I managed it on the final restore available. I was not right clicking on the link and saving the file after allowing the download. Presumably if I need to move licenses than I can ask for more restores?

modelmaker

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 10:33:51 pm »

Congratulations and welcome! Glad you got it working, enjoy. If and when you need more restores just post.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 08:52:14 am »

Thanks. I bought my copy of MC in late March 06 so in any case the next time I change machines (Probably April :p ) it's presumably time for the licenses to be refreshed... so hopefully I won't need to bug you guys.

So happy I moved back from Mac for media I can tell you. Got fed up with stuff that 'just works' not working.

bob620

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 09:41:56 pm »

Thanks for clearing my restores.  I went through the restore process and got a message that the program had been restored.  But when I tried to open the program, I got a message that the Media files were from a different version and needed to be removed.  But the program would not allow me to remove them.  So now how do I get that little problem cleared up?  Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 06:57:00 am »

Please start a new topic with a title that describes it.  Provide more details if you can.  If your library is too old to convert, you can clear it and re-import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up