Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MythTV  (Read 1160 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
MythTV
« on: February 03, 2007, 01:13:40 am »

I was thinking of setting up a MythTV box.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  How does it handle network content as opposed to broadcast TV.  I would want it to be able to do TV so I can remove my TiVo and network content so I can remove my xbox from the kitchen area.  Those two devices could then be moved to other useful spots.  I will probably be using a 2 GHz P4 with a low profile capture card I got for hardly anything (<$20) with remote.  What alternatives are there?  I know some exist which cost money but I'm not interested in that.  This is very unnecessary but I thought I would just try it to learn more about Linux so I don't want to spend any money on the project...I should have enough stuff.  I actually have 3 capture cards but I will have to use one specifically because the computer I want to use is a low profile system...that one I want to use is low profile compatible.

Simply, is there a program or complete OS (like Linux) that would provide at least network playback simply by browsing network shares (like the Xbox w/ Media Center does) and secondary, allows TV to be recorded, etc.?
Pages: [1]   Go Up