INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audible Support  (Read 1973 times)

jerichochicago

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Audible Support
« on: February 08, 2007, 11:35:36 pm »

I saw a few threads about this topic, but they all seemed to be dead with no resolution. Forgive me if I'm repeating another thread.

I just upgraded to MC 12.0.157 from MC 11.1.201. I hadn't listened to my Audible files for a while so I decided to import them into the new library and listen to a few things. All my files are on a desktop machine (serving audio to my TiVo S3) that I access and manage with remote desktop on my laptop.

I can play the Audible files on my desktop using remote desktop (so the sound comes out of the laptop I'm using to access it), though they're really choppy and skip a lot. Maybe a product of the file size and connection speed. I'm not sure.

However, when I try to play on my laptop using the Library Server, it says "Waiting" and then "Opening" and then moves to the next file and does the same thing. Eventually, I get an error message. When I try to play the files through the TiVo, which is what I wanted to do in the first place, I just get a bunch of high pitched squeals and tones, kind of like a strange sounding fax machine. If I don't stop it immediately, it hangs the TiVo and crashes it, causing it to reboot.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks-
Jake

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Audible Support
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:17:48 am »

Hi Jake,

For the TiVo, try turning conversion on (use the MP3 encoder).

j

jerichochicago

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:27:58 am »

Thanks John. I turned it on last night when I first pulled these new files in. I went back later to check it, but couldn't remember where to find that option. If you can point me in the right direction, I'll take another look tonight and let you know what happens.

Any idea why it isn't working using the Library Server?

Thanks-
Jake

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:05:23 am »

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/TiVo_Server

Basically, go to the TiVo Status page in MC (under Services and Plug-ins) and click on options.

I'm not sure about Library Server, I'm waiting for another person who's out til monday. I think though that it may not be supported due to licensing issues.

j

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:15:54 am »

Are you using the same version of MC on all PC's?  Try updating to the latest.

jerichochicago

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 11:28:33 am »

I updated both PC's to the latest version as 11pm CST last night and experienced the same set of problems. I'll try the MP3 conversion settings tonight and let you know if that fixes the TiVo issue. Thanks for the quick feedback, too. That's one of the reasons I bought this software in the first place back on version 10. I love the direct interaction the developers.

Thanks again.
Jake

jerichochicago

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 11:20:10 pm »

John, I checked the conversion settings you suggested and they were set correctly. However, I was scouting around trying to figure out the problem and found what I think was the problem under Tools>Options>Encoding>Enoding for File Conversion. This was set to Windows Media. I changed it to MP3, and also did an update check which downloaded a L.A.M.E update, and now streaming Audible files to the TiVo seems to be working. I am also able to play music through my laptop using the Library server, but I still can't get Audible books to play through the Library Server. I would be interested to hear what you find out about this on Monday. In the meantime, have a great weekend.

Jake

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 03:20:47 pm »

but I still can't get Audible books to play through the Library Server.

Hi Jake,

Set "Tools-> Options -> Library & Folders -> Library Server Conversion -> Conversion" to "Don't Convert Audio."

(do this on the client)

JimN

jerichochicago

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 07:37:45 pm »

That worked perfectly. You guys are great. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up