INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC on Windows 2003 Server not allowing connections  (Read 733 times)

gremlinhunter

MC on Windows 2003 Server not allowing connections
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:25:07 am »

I have MC12 Installed on a Microsoft Windows 2003 Live Communications Server.  I have setup it as a media server.  When i am logged into the computer (console or RDP), the client computers can connect with no problem.  When i log off the server, however, I lose my connection.  I have both the Media Center and Media Server in the scheduled tasks to start on startup of the server.  Is there another program that MC uses that I also have to start?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: MC on Windows 2003 Server not allowing connections
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:53:36 am »

I think you need to run Media Server as a Windows Service. Search Interact for firedaemon for more details.

j

horse

• World Citizen
Re: MC on Windows 2003 Server not allowing connections
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:26:38 pm »

I also run MC on W2K3 (used to be LCS until I removed it, now just Exchange)
If you logout, all the tasks for that user will be terminated. I normally just Disconnect. This leaves the MC server running.

You could also use TweakUI and set up an Auto Logon user. At boot up this user will be automatically be logged into the system and could then have MC installed in the startup folder.

The above is the simplest and safest appraoch.

There are other tools in the SDK that allow you you install an exe as a service, however many programs don't work, as they expect interaction with the console.

Pages: [1]   Go Up