INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search List Pane! What's in yours?  (Read 1705 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Search List Pane! What's in yours?
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:51:17 pm »

Other than being able to pick any field as a pane, the new search pane is the best feature ever in MC!  I don't have much but here is most of what's in my search pane for audio tracks:

~sort=[Random]
[Rating]=>2 -[Duplicate Allowed]=[No]
[Last Played]=>14d ~sort=[last played]-a
-[Live]=[Yes]
~limit=-1,2,[Artist]
~sort=[last played]-d
[number plays]-d
[Complete Album]==1

[Rating]=>=3 [Last Played]=>150d [last skipped]=>150d ~limit=-1,1,[Artist] ~limit=-1,6,[intensity] ~limit=-1,2,[date] - ~sort=[Random] -[Duplicate Allowed]=[No]

I have a couple of custom fields [Duplicate Allowed] (thanks Marko for the idea) and [Live] in case you are curious.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Search List Pane. What's in your's?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 08:52:56 pm »

What is the search pane?  Are you talking about the Pane view with lots of horizontal selectors or a smartlist search string defining its contents?

Please take each item you listed (especially the limit!! section) and explain it.  What does the comma do?  I need to read more about those settings because I like customizing perfect playlists.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Search List Pane. What's in your's?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 08:55:34 pm »

What is the search pane?  Are you talking about the Pane view with lots of horizontal selectors or a smartlist search string defining its contents?

Please take each item you listed (especially the limit!! section) and explain it.  What does the comma do?  I need to read more about those settings because I like customizing perfect playlists.

Edit -> Edit View Scheme -> Add -> Type -> Search List
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Search List Pane! What's in yours?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 01:44:12 am »

learn about ~limit ---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19829
learn about ~mix ---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24288.msg169446;topicseen#msg169446
and also ---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29940.msg206134#msg206134

gappie

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:45:50 am »

i needed some time to find the use for the search panes, and i believe that there are many. what i like is that you can put all your smartlists in one view. elliminating the change that somebody clicks the small cross besides the smartlist rules.

benn600

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:11:27 pm »

Where did you get that view from?!

gappie

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 06:17:25 pm »

if you mean by view, the 95%, new and recent, then: that is what i made with the search list panes. if you mean the yellow ?blue at the back: i made that myself http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38927.0

benn600

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:51:10 pm »

I like it when people post their cover art, generally speaking, and in your case, I don't recognize a single album!  I like seeing more indie artists or at least artists I don't follow--which still be mainstream.  I have a handful of lesser known artists.

The big problem I have with the lesser known artists just creates a worse problem.  First, since we buy so many CDs (20-40 per month), we are always looking for $4-8 each as somewhat of a maximum.  These less popular artists are forced to charge a more restrictive and higher price because they don't make the sales that the huge artists make.  This creates a problem because with lesser known songs, unless I am immediately interested in the song, it's unlikely that I'll hear it enough throughout my day to start liking the song(s).  So, it's a self regulating issue.  I do buy these lesser known artists and spend more like $10-$20 for a single CD, but this price limits my willingness to just buy a CD in hopes of it having good music, which I do quite often with popular artists--and my hunch is surprisingly often correct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up