INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I enter and display lyrics?  (Read 26578 times)

truenorth

• Recent member
How do I enter and display lyrics?
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:22:28 am »

I've tried everything, but there is no help info on this. Help!

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I enter and display lyrics?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:21:58 am »

To enter lyrics, click on the file and press Alt+Enter or right-click and select Tag Info or in the Action Window select File Properties\Tag Info. Now look in the list under the Extended section for the Lyrics field. Click and edit the lyrics in the box that appears. But the best way to edit lyrics is to get Doof's Lyrics Editor: http://www.dooftoo.com/lyricseditor.html

To display lyrics while listening to a song, you need a Track Info for your Playing Now. Look at the Skins and Plugins link at the top of this forum and then look within the Track Info Plug-ins there. I personally like All I Need (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29874.0) as it displays the lyrics right there rather than have to click a button or link to see them.

More at: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Display_Plug-ins_%28Visualizations_%26_Track_Info%29
Jeff

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:02:16 am »

To enter lyrics, click on the file and press Alt+Enter or right-click and select Tag Info or in the Action Window select File Properties\Tag Info. Now look in the list under the Extended section for the Lyrics field. Click and edit the lyrics in the box that appears. But the best way to edit lyrics is to get Doof's Lyrics Editor: http://www.dooftoo.com/lyricseditor.html
Thanks, but I am looking at the Tag Info box but I don't see any extended section. I also tried installing the Lyrics Editor but I this error during install:

---------------------------
Setup
Unable to execute file:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm

CreateProcess failed; code 3.
The system cannot find the path specified.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:14:20 pm »

Thanks, but I am looking at the Tag Info box but I don't see any extended section.
Click the upper left box in the Tag Info window and select Columns To Show \ Show All Fields so there's a checkmark there. You should then have the Extended section.

As far as the Lyrics Editor, check out the forum thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36705.0
I am guessing your problem might be that you don't have the .NET 2.0 Framework installed.
Jeff

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 02:22:27 pm »

Thanks, I showed all fields and there it was. Thank you so much. You da bomb!

Downloaded and installed .NET 2.0 and LyricsEditor installed. Now how do I *use* it? I don't see it anywhere in MC or in Start, Programs, Lyrics Editor. (Thanks for your patience!)

OOT here, but is Beta 12 worth getting? Is it stable yet?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 02:58:36 pm »

but is Beta 12 worth getting?

I think it is worth upgrading...
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:22:16 pm »

truenorth,

Welcome to the world of lyrics.  I'll give some information to get you started.  If you have further questions after playing around with it, let us know. 

1st of all, I suggest you move to MC12.  You can do more with lyrics with this version.  And it's good for many other reasons as well.

Lyrics Editor is a very good plug in for lyrics.  As was already mentioned, this is a .net application, so you have to have that installed.  For documentation, go to Doof's site.  You can download the plug-in from there, and he has documentation/screen shots posted. Lyrics Editor works with both MC11 and MC12. You can use Lyrics Editor to edit existing lyrics and search for new lyrics.  After you install Lyrics Editor, you can find it by going to the tree.  It will be listed under Services and Plug-ins.  It creates a list of tracks.  The list can be based on Playing Now or other lists you maintain (e.g. smartlists).

http://www.dooftoo.com/lyricseditor.html

Another great plug-in is DataMaster.  This is a great for finding lyrics in mass.  Last time I got a count there was over 350,000 lyrics available for download.  You can use this tool to find missing lyrics and share your lyrics with others.  It can also be used to download and share other tags as well. You can download this plug-in from KingSparta's site.  He also has screen shots and help stored on his site.  After you install the plug-in, you will find it listed under Services and Plug-ins.  DataMaster only works with MC12.  DataMaster processes everything in batch.  The batch is the Playing Now list.

http://www.spartasoftware.com/MC-Plugins/12/index.html

I use DataMaster to find and share lyrics.  I use Lyrics Editor to fix up my lyrics and find lyrics for tracks that DataMaster cannot find.

You can also manage lyrics without any plug-ins.  You can use the Action Window and tagging function in MC12.  There are also ways to do this with MC11.

Finally, to see the lyrics while playing music, you can go to Playing Now.  Under Playing now set your display Track Info.  Many of the Track Info skins show lyrics.  There are standard skins available plus others you can download.

Have fun...

Randy

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 02:25:12 am »

Thanks, for the valuable info.

I did upgrade to MC12. But when I tried to use Datamaster, it froze MC. When I restarted it, Datamaster doesn't appear anymore in the Plug-ins list. I uninstalled and re-installed DM but it still a no-show.

Installed Doof's Lyrics Editor but it's not exactly user-friendly. I have no clue how to use it. I click "Use These Lyrics" but it does nothing.

Not having any luck here.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 05:13:31 am »

When I restarted it, Datamaster doesn't

it should not freeze MC but it does take a few seconds to start. it tells you what it is doing on the plug-in.

you may need to go to "Plug-In Manager" > interface pligins > Plug-In > to "Show" Any 3rd Party Plug-ins.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 06:47:09 am »

Thank you! I went to plug-in manager and showed DM. It does take a while to do things. It would have been great if it it can somehow display an hourglass to tell the user something is going on.

Doing a batch d/l of lyrics right now.

I can't thank you guys enough!

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 03:16:08 am »

Pardon this noob, but argh! The d/l produced no lyrics! Two full days of d/l and nothing. How does this thing work?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 03:57:00 am »

Take a look also at EvilLyrics.
It may not be what you're looking for
but you may find it useful
http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/

It sits in the system tray (After playing with the options), and goes
and searches the internet for lyrics for a given song.

I've written a plugin which will connect Media Center
to EvilLyrics which can be found in the Skins and Plugins Section.
Double clicking on the system tray icon brings up EvilLyrics
and shows the Lyrics for the current song.

If the Lyrics are deemed Reliable then they will be saved
in the tags for the file.  This is configurable.

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 06:41:41 am »

Thanks, Chriz, this is working fine!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 07:10:37 pm »

Thanks, Chriz, this is working fine!

maybe because my IP address changed and I had to update the program...

the server is 2x faster now also

it changed like the 23rd, and someone asked me about it not working so i remembered i needed to update it..

maybe you could try the new version on a few files to see if it works for you.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 09:13:26 pm »

truenorth,

Evil Lyrics is good to find lyrics for a single track at a time.  DataMaster is good to find lyrics in mass.  I suggest you give DataMaster another try.  You do have to set it up correctly, but you can test it with a small amount of data.  Make sure you have Lyrics selected in your setup.  This is under Settings 1 (Field Data).  DataMaster processes whatever you have in Paying Now, so I suggest you make that a small amount of data (try a single album).

Randy

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 06:50:55 pm »

I tried again, but I must not have it set up properly, coz no lyrics show in Remote Data. Lyrics is selected in Settings 1.

Just checked the Events List and saw this:

The Server Maybe Down, Please Try Later, If This Condition
Persist Please Contact SpartaSoft@nc.rr.com.

Guess it's down, King?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 07:11:13 pm »

aggressive firewall settings?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:20 pm »

my local provider is having problems.

Of course i had to point it out to them.

It seems to be a Laser\fiber problem.

download works, upload (download for my users) is on the blink

But it may also depend on what version your using, if it is not 0.0.29 then it will not work.

that message is embedded in the program when a login fails for what ever reason. that could be a firewall or is not getting to the ftp server. but the attempt maybe on the FTP log. knowing your IP address would help.

it could be part of the network problem my provider is having.

It also depends on what files your trying.

if you wish to talk about this.

it should be moved to the 3rd party forum and or in e-mail, I may need your IP address to see if your even hitting the ftp server, and if you are what it is looking for and then check out the server logs and actual folders to see what is going on.

here is a user who hit the server and downloaded a file (a few mins ago) "xx.xx.xxx.xxx" was the users IP address that I Blanked out.

07/02/28 20:34:16, 71237, xx.xx.xxx.xxx, Data Master - 0029, asked to download '/Artist/bios/L/longjohnbaldry/KingSparta - 85347431482ae814f1b48db076f92893.txt' -> 'I:\FTP\DataMaster\Artist\bios\L\longjohnbaldry\KingSparta - 85347431482ae814f1b48db076f92893.txt' from 0 --> Access allowed.
07/02/28 20:36:14, 71322, xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Data Master - 0029, 150 Data connection accepted from xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1747; transfer starting for /ArtistName/lyrics/B/band/changeisgonnacome/Lyrics Finder - Lyrics.txt (782 bytes)
07/02/28 20:36:14, 71322, xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Data Master - 0029, finished downloading '/ArtistName/lyrics/B/band/changeisgonnacome/Lyrics Finder - Lyrics.txt' -> 'I:\FTP\DataMaster\ArtistName\lyrics\B\band\changeisgonnacome\Lyrics Finder - Lyrics.txt' from 0 to 782 (00:00:01 - 0.764 KBytes/s).
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 09:53:58 pm »

I tried again, but I must not have it set up properly, coz no lyrics show in Remote Data. Lyrics is selected in Settings 1.

Just checked the Events List and saw this:

The Server Maybe Down, Please Try Later, If This Condition
Persist Please Contact SpartaSoft@nc.rr.com.

Guess it's down, King?

I know KingSparta is checking on the server being up and available, but marko brings up a good point regarding your firewall.

I used to use Norton firewall.  When I used Norton, I could not upload or download lyrics using DataMaster.  As a workaround, I would disable the Norton firewall and activate the firewall supplied with windows XP.  Everything would work fine.  I now use ZoneAlarm's firewall and I have no problem with DataMaster.

truenorth

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 11:53:59 pm »

Thanks, all.

Randy, marko, I did not have a firewall or AV running at the time I made these download attempts.

Dunno if this is relevant, but I am on a "stand-alone" (not home-networked) connected via cable broadband.

King, I emailed you my IP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up