INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - While browsing... "Where am i???"  (Read 816 times)

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Theater View - While browsing... "Where am i???"
« on: March 11, 2007, 04:01:44 pm »

Hi guys.

I've come into this sort of "problem" while browsing some of my view schemes.

While digging into some complex schemes, there's a chance you become lost into what field you're currently browsing because there's no sign of it.  This becomes more evident if you don't use default names given automatically by MC for the views (i change names usually on more than 4 field views) and when you have on them grouped fields or numeric fields on a scheme. A number or a letter there could mean eventually anything.

So "Where am i ?". For the system owner, remembering field hierarchies on views created by him wouldn't be a problem, but for those members of your family or friends (my theater view consumers) who don't have a clue it could be a show stopper. 

Actually the default TV skins include showing on top of the view sort of a "path" to remember you what you've already selected in that hierarchy.  It would be great if that string would also show what field you're currently browsing.

In example, to show my point, on an "Artist/Album" view where i've changed the default's view name to simply "Artists View", when you first enter the view, path currently shows:

(1) Home > Audio > Artists View  

and shows you the list of artists but doesn't show you're currently browsing an "Artist" field.

Then, when you select an artist, the path is replaced with what you've just selected, for instance:

(2) Home > Audio > Artists View  > Bon Jovi  and now you see a list of Albums.

Of course you can't get lost in a two field view. This example is pretty simple just to show my point.  Question is, is it actually possible to also show the name of the field you're in?. Something like:

Home > Audio > Artists View > {Select Artist} or simply just Home > Audio > Artist/Album > {Artist}, instead of (1)?

A solution to this would be to simply leave the default name. But please let me know if theres a way to change this beahaviour by setting up a parameter or tweaking a configuration file.  If not, i'd like to put this little addition in consideration.

Also if other members have experienced something like this while using TV, it would be nice to hear feedback from them.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up