INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track Info + Playing Now skin companion  (Read 4140 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Track Info + Playing Now skin companion
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:54:42 pm »

Hi,

I know nothing about html coding but using the good'ole trial and error method I managed to make a TrackInfo template to display at full screen (wide monitor 1366x768). I also made a Playing Now skin companion that is only 22 pixels tall, that can be used both with audio or video. The idea is to use that combination of TrackInfo + PN skin in a session with music and videos at full screen. In music, the TrackInfo will launch and in videos the display will only be "spotted" with the tiny PN skink at the top.

The TrackInfo has been made using bits and pieces of other templates. For instance, the star ratings have been borrowed from the "Best for TV" template and the general layout and idea from escaflo's "simply black".

The template has the ability to show the visualization of your choice in the left half side of the display (code also borrowed from another template); mine is a covert art spectrum modification, and on the right half side, the lyrics with scrolling bars that can easily be changed to show comments or bios; cover art and general info of the current track. I also added the ability to open web-browsers to show the AMG info on the artist, album or song (the tiny AMG logos).

This is how it looks:

On the upper side, the "Now playing...." thing, with the time elapsed, etc. is the PlayingNow skin companion (size 1366x22)

As I said, I don't know nothing about html coding, so I screwed up the whole thing in the process and now it only works at full display 1366x768 out of the box. It probably could be easily "repaired" to work at other resolutions but I don't know how. Perhaps it's only a matter of setting the table widths to % and re-arrange the tables.

If anyone is interested, I can make it available "as it is" or give you the html to "repair" it.

Thank you.

zendoo

• Recent member
Re: Track Info + Playing Now skin companion
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 01:17:33 pm »

YES VERY INTERESTED! looks very nice. but maybe i will try to arrange it about the same way myself in the meantime!
post it or upload it. maybe someone will repair it, as i am an HTML dummy just as well...
greetings

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 03:33:36 pm »

Me TOO :D
It look great ! ;)

Deivit

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:10:05 pm »

Ooops, sorry guys... I totally missed Zendoo's post.

Here's a link to download the track info template. Uncompress the zip file to your Track Info folder. Bear in mind that it only works at 1366x768 out of the box.

http://uppit.com/d/MFDBY

Thank you.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:04:01 am »

This is a very nice design.  I like it.  Good news is that the resolution matches my PC, so it works out of the box.

I downloaded and installed the Track Info skin you posted.  What about the PN companion skin?  Can you make that available as well?

Thanks for the great skin...

Deivit

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 11:45:07 am »

Thanks, Randy. Glad you liked it.

Here's the link to download the PN companion:

http://uppit.com/d/CZY7H

Unzip to your PN skins folder.

The green "play" button togles play/pause, the stars work as graphical rating and hovering over the tiny cover art on the right hand side gives you a tooltip with the lyrics. It's set to be always "on" but you can easily customize that and other features by modifying the ini file.

Hope you like it too.

Thanks.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 12:53:43 pm »

Thanks, Randy. Glad you liked it.

Here's the link to download the PN companion:

http://uppit.com/d/CZY7H

Unzip to your PN skins folder.

The green "play" button togles play/pause, the stars work as graphical rating and hovering over the tiny cover art on the right hand side gives you a tooltip with the lyrics. It's set to be always "on" but you can easily customize that and other features by modifying the ini file.

Hope you like it too.

Thanks.

Thanks Deivit.

I must be slow today, but I can't figure out which folder to drop this PN skin into. Can you let me know the exact folder name? The default folders I see are:

Data
FullSkins
MegaSkins
MiniSkins
PlugIns
TV
Visualizations

Randy

Deivit

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 02:07:40 pm »

Hi Randy,

Actually that's a Rhinobanga's Playing Now plug-in skin, and therefore you need that plug-in to make it work.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 05:19:28 pm »

Hi Randy,

Actually that's a Rhinobanga's Playing Now plug-in skin, and therefore you need that plug-in to make it work.

Deivit,

I already have Rhinobanga's Playing Now plug-in skin. So I dropped your skin in there and everything is working. ;D

Thanks...

Randy

Deivit

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 06:04:41 pm »

Great! :)

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 01:11:59 pm »

I've tried to download them both via UPPit and I keep getting "Download link expired".

Deivit

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 02:43:20 pm »

Yeah, those links expire 30 days after the last download  :) Anyway, here are the links refreshed:

Click here to download the Track Info Template

Click here to download the PN skin companion

Remember that you have to unzip them to their relative destination folders and that the Track Info only works out of the box for 1366x768 resolution display.

Hope it works.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up