INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EQdb 2.0.2 Released  (Read 15093 times)

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
EQdb 2.0.2 Released
« on: April 28, 2007, 02:30:52 am »

I found a registration error on one of the CLSID's and I've removed all references to MSVCRT, so hopefully this one will work out.

Sourceforge site, see my sig below.

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
Re: EQdb 2.0.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:55:53 am »

Yeah now it works.

Thx scthom.

tn1
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:28:44 am »

I guess I will need to try it again when I get home.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

scthom

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 09:52:00 am »

Yeah now it works.

Thanks for checking!

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 10:00:02 am »

Well, I got it to install just fine, but AFAICT, it isn't doing anything.  I have an existing "EQ" field (setup in v11, if that means anything), and it won't read the settings from it, and it won't write any settings to it.  Apart from that, it works just fine over here.

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 10:08:18 am »

Okay, MC finally crashed, after giving off some scary errors not finding any track I had just played.  On reboot, IT WORKS JUST FINE!!  HOOYAH!!!!!  (And the tracks are all still there.)

scthom:  you da man. 

scthom

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 11:56:31 am »

One of the issues had been a CLSID in the registration script, so if anyone is still having issues, it might be better to strip all keys with references to "EQdb" from the registry first and then reinstall it.  There are about 5 or 6 places that would need to be removed.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 05:54:45 pm »

It does install
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 11:28:22 pm »

Hi a couple of Noob Q on how to use it (it downloaded and installed just fine). 

Background: I've got some tracks / albums that prensent sibilance due to they way the were recorded and mixed.  For these (and only these) I wand to use EQdb to tag each with a reduced top end

1) I use S/PDIF out - does the EQ only work on Analogue Outputs?
2) I've read your doco but don't quite get the Syntax - I take it there are 11 Bands respresented by the default "OOOOOOOOOOO" and that each of these values can be changed from 0 (highest) to n lowest but:
* is "Flat" all O
* what is n (eg is the lowest 9) and what is the scale, eg (1-9 in equal steps of decreasing DB)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jgreen

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 08:50:06 am »

Nathan--

In no particular order:

--There are 11 bands, the pre-amp and the 10 MC EQ bands.  Preamp first (furthest left) and each EQ band in its corresponding place.

--OOOOOOOOOOO (upper case letter "O") is flat, or unadjusted.  Be sure not to enter all zeroes (that's how I learned they were O's).

--The scale is a rough percentage equivilent of the MC EQ adjustments, which were written in Spanglish.  Have a look at the EQ. 

--It will adjust S/PDIF out, as that's how I used it with MC 11.  I output to analogue ATM.  Fool with the mixer, best of luck.

--For your needs, load up a representative track out of your subset.  Play it, and manually adjust the EQ to suit.  When you're finished, skip to the next track (or wait for the track to end).  EQdb will write to the EQ field the 11-digit code.  You can then copy that code and paste it to the corresponding EQ field for the other tracks.  You can then make micro-adjustments on each track, if you wish, either manually through the MC EQ, or by entering in changes to the 11-digit code.

scthom

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 10:01:55 am »

It's meant to work with your Playing Now, so I think the easiest way is to add all the files to PN, then fiddle with the EQ till you're satisfied, then hit Save to Playlist.  It will not, as jgreen sort of implies, save itself to the database automatically.

Whenever a new track starts, it looks at that field and sets the equalizer to the matching settings.

Don't blame me for the wierd string -- it's a byproduct of having 63 different positions for each slider.  It uses an ASCII range.  "0" (zero) is actually the highest setting (+100%) while 'n' is the lowest setting (-100%).  I don't know if somebody chose it or not, but "O" (capital letter o) is the neutral (0%) position.

jgreen

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 01:03:05 pm »

Er, jgreen did sort of imply that, based on how it worked with v.1.x.  Did this change in v.2.x?  I've got 5,000 tracks with EQ fields that were either filled by the program or by elves.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 01:26:36 pm »

This version installed without problems and works fine. Thanks.

I use EQdb with the split view. Here's a screenshot:

This particular album is one of those early CDs that have pre-emphasis applied. Most stand-alone CD players use automatically a de-emphasis filter with such CDs. Most CD rippers do not have that feature. Without the correction the files have too much treble. The EQ settings in my sceenshot are approximately similar with the standard de-emphasis correction.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 05:24:48 pm »

Thanks guys...Got to love the WWW for collaboration:
1) I use Axiom speakers with are terrific though accurate enough to show up any recording errors (one in particular that gets under my skin is Sibilance!) Anyway one of the suggestions form over there was that knocking down the trebble helps tame sibilance problems on particular recordings.
2) Thanks to you guys, I've created a custom EQ Setting I called "Sibilance Correction" that I can then apply to offending tracks...EG.  I've found that Infernal's "Paris to Berlin" hisses like a snake but the following setting helps reduce that (I'm happy to experiment with other band changes should there be any suggestions)!

This (hopefully) means that I can target the offending recordings rather than making a global setting change OR permanent HW mods!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 02:13:53 pm »

Oops, the v.2.03 doesn't seem to install to MC13. I wanted to test some pre-emphasized CDs with my de-emphasis EQ setting, but I didn't have this plugin installed.

I have lots of old "EQ" field values in my library, but I have not played those tracks recently.

Scot hasn't logged in since November. I hope he has just been busy and everything is fine.

Is there anything anyone can do? The source code is available at Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161914
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 06:40:23 pm »

the sdk and registry has changed since version 10 and 11
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 09:54:14 am »

It worked with MC12. The change happened in MC13.

The plugin works (... worked) brilliantly and provides an excellent feature. I really hope someone else would be able to update the plugin if Scot is not available. Unfortunately I am just a user, not a program developer.

I wonder if JRiver could adopt this plug-in like they adopted the FLAC plugins. For instance, iTunes can store file specific EQ settings and it would be nice if MC could do the same.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 05:18:09 pm »

A weekly bump.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 05:03:10 am »

One more bumb :(

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 08:07:27 am »

bump

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 05:49:35 pm »

bump

I wonder if JRiver could adopt this plug-in like they adopted the FLAC plugins. For instance, iTunes can store file specific EQ settings and it would be nice if MC could do the same.

scthom

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 10:18:35 am »

Hey all.

I've been busy with RealLife and haven't been on in a long time.  Not sure if that warrants a  :) or a  :(

In any case, it's a good thing this thread was bumped, or I wouldn't have seen it.

I will try to at least make it run.  It's a pretty simple plugin that may not take too much to fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up